HQI bulbs

madlynb

madtaz
I would like a referral to an online store to purchase HQI 25O WATT 20K FC2 DE METAL HALIDE BULBS. I inquired with a LFS and they want $80 each. I do remember buying these bulbs a couple years ago for $21 each. Who can you refer me to?

Also, a little while back I had mentioned that I need replacement clear acrylic lense covers for my actinic lights on my hood fixture. You guys mentioned Lowes and Home Depot. I went out yesterday and Lowe's did not carry clear acrylic that is 71" long. Home Depot sold sheets that were 72" long but wasn't able to cut down two strips for me. They didn't have the tools to do it.
Any other ideas?:bowdown::frustrat::grumble:

You can buy cheap Ebay bulbs for about $10-$20 each, or get a quality name brand bulb for up to $90 each. I buy my MH bulbs from HelloLights.
You do get what you pay for with MH bulbs.

I contacted TAP plastic. They would charge on $3.50 for each piece but commented that the taxes and shipping would cost more than the material. I can't believe that a simple item like this is such a chore to find. Thanks for your suggestion.

That's weird that Home Depot didn't have the tools to cut that sheet; all three of the ones near me have a cutter in their window department. Do you perhaps have a larger ACE hardware where they might be a little more knowledgeable? I've got one back in L.A. that I would even have had to buy the glass (plexi or actual) from them and they would cut it for me for cheap if not free.

I just called an Ace nearby. They have sheets 36"x72" that they would cut strips for me. The sheet is $50.99 + $1.00/cut. Sound decent? I will have to take the balance of the sheet that is not cut.

Sounds about right...keep the sheet for when you need your next replacement...or have them cut as many strips as possible that way if you sell the light you can sell it for more as it has replacement lenses :mrgreen:

Back