I added my first fish - 3 damsels

Not sure what kind of fish you like. Liveaquaria has good pictures and descriptions and a chart. I have a few fire fish but wouldn't fare well with damsels as they are very timid but also school.Some of the Gobys are nice Find a fish you like the looks of and research it. If it looks like it fits what you want then put it on your short list. Never buy without research. Don't take what people say as gospel. every fish will act different in any given tank. Clown fish are nice but still aggressive in smaller tanks.

I know what you mean on pricing. Last time I checked we all work hard for our money and want to get the most bang for the buck. I have driven 50 miles to save $2 a pound on live rock. Of course I bought a bunch of it and I drive a honda so gas wasnt to much. I know how frustrating it can get when you dont have a 100+ gallon tank and the big fish look so cool. There are always options and to be honest I like damsels I still think I am gonna get some more for my tank.

Here's a pic of the two not so shy guys. The large shy one lives under the rock on the left - you can see where he's mounded the sand up to form an entrance tunnel.

Attachments

• 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 239
I had a domino in my tank to cycle it...I now know that is wrong and mean, but I was super newb....I added 2 clowns and they beat the snot out of the damsel...had to take him back to the LFS before he looked anything more like he was in a paper shredder....

I did fish only saltwater years ago when live rock and reef tanks were millionaires only club. It was common practice to cycle with damsels and return them for credit when done.

my yellow tail is the smallest fish in my tank and it rules it. he doesn't actively hunt down the other fish but they best stay out of his rock cave

I think the two yellow tails disposed of the domino. Too bad really, since he was entertaining to watch. These yellow tails just hide anytime you come within 10' of the tank. BORING!

Back