I am curing Ich .. i have two fishses still not infected my hyposalinity method .>>??

Discussion in 'Fish Disease' started by minajaguar, Jul 3, 2012.

1. minajaguar

minajaguar

I am curing Ich .. i have two fishses still not infected my hyposalinity method reaches 1.019 ... so continue decreasing salinity till i get 1.009 ??
    or something different i have to do .. while my fishes feel little stressed .
    30 gallon tank ,, with yellow tang and dwarf angel my clowns just dead.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2012
    minajaguar, Jul 3, 2012
    1. Advertisements

2. minajaguar

MikeG Ex-Member

Re: I am curing Ich .. i have two fishses still not infected my hyposalinity method .

A 30 gallon tank is way too small for a Yellow Tang. It is gonna be stressed in there (hypo or not) and needs a bigger tank asap. Even though Live Aquaria (and other sites) say a 30 gallon is the minimum for a Dwarf Angel, I personally feel that is too small for them too. I have Dwarf Angels is both my 60 and 180 and they swim over every inch of those tanks and it's hard for me to imagine them in anything smaller.

I do wish you good luck with your ich, but I think you will have a hard time curing a Tang of ich that is stressed from being is too small of tank.

MikeG, Jul 3, 2012
    1. Advertisements

3. minajaguar

little_fish Moderator

Re: I am curing Ich .. i have two fishses still not infected my hyposalinity method .

Are you doing this in your main tank? Because this will kill of any inverts you might have, normally you do any kind of treatment in a separate tank.

Also, most of have ich in our tank which we manage by keeping our fish stress free, on a good diet and keeping good water quality. Ich only becomes a problem when the fish is compromised by some other issue, usually stress. I would say your fish are stressed because the yellow is in too small of tank and like a domino effect, the other fish get stressed and sick.

Foxface & Rabbitfish

little_fish, Jul 3, 2012
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question