I Got Civics In My Tank...BlueSi4's Tale of The 75RR

To tell you the truth Yote, they have been doing well, a lot better today than they did yesterday.

When i added them yesterday, they were not even close to one another, then the flame decided to start roaming around and started chasing the coral beauty. The problem has been with the Kole Tang. As soon as he saw them, he started going after both of them, it was actually kinda funny. The Kole would hide and wait for any of the two to come around and he would come out of the rocks and chase them around and hitting them with the tail.

Today, the flame and the coral beauty aren't bothering each other, they swim around, nip at rocks and swim, they even get close to each other sometimes but no chasing once however. The Kole still seems to chase them around every once in a while, but not as bad as yesterday.

Besides that, i haven't had any more problems. Last night the Flame decided to try the Green Favia, but i haven't seen him get close to it today.

There is a Kole at my LFS that has to be kept in a tank all by himself.Its killed nearly every fish that its shared a tank with.
Hope the flame to take a liking to coral flesh.
Good luck with em.

Thanks for all the compliments guys, i appreciate it.

I'm happy with the choice i made. The Angels seem to do better and better as the hours go by, they barely bother each other anymore, and the Kole has relaxed a bit, he still chases every once in a while, but not too much.
I will just have to keep an eye on coral nipping until they start eating, so far they aren't eating mysis or pellets.

The canopy is just a wooden box with the 2 Metal Halides. Then i just cut 2 pieces of wood and used those as the legs to support it, nothing too complicated very simple design

Yup that's what i was told, but they barely bother each other. There's enough room in my tank for them not to be near each other.
Every fish is different, they also say the Angels nip at corals and don't keep one in a reef tank.

You have a flame angel and coral beauty in there? Not a good idea. They will not get along. One will be killed.

Once again the tank is in peace.
The Flame and the Coral Beauty were swimming together today, no chasing each other around.
The Kole Tang isn't bothering any of the 2 Angels and everyone is eating

3/16/08 Update

Sad day today, my 2nd fish since i started this adventure has died. This time it was the Lawnmower Blenny, or Camouflage as we named him.
Camouflaged liked the new tank but wasn't able to find as much food as he found in the old tank, so i believe he died of starvation. He wouldn't eat the algae i put in the rocks, and he was getting skinnier and skinnier by the day, i tried everything but nothing worked. Hopefully he is in fish heaven, i even gave him a burial.

RIP Camouflage

IMG_0432.jpg

n1367220841_30343864_5970.jpg

It's sad to lose a fish, especially one with as much personality as lawnmowers have. He went to fish heaven for sure, where he has joined all the fish that I've managed to kill while getting better in this hobby. Sad to hear about your fish.

Yes it's been only my second loss but i hated this one. I didn't know that a fish like that could have such an impact in a tank. I mean they are not the prettiest of fish, but they do sure as hell cool. I would wake up in the morning and he would be in the side right next to my bed, laying on the bottom of the tank just looking out the tank, it was actually pretty cool, i will deff miss him

I know they are great fish, but i don't think right now there's enough algae in my tank to feed my snails, Kole Tang and Lawnmower Blenny.
I will deff pick another one up as soon as i get more algae

Water parameters, March 20th 2008

Calcium: 440ppm
Magnesium: 1100ppm
KH: 10
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: 10
PH: 7.8
Ammonia: 0.0
Salinity: 1.024

Back