I might have found my first aquarium

the only bad thing that i see is that the bulkheads and on the bottom with no overflow box you will need to extend them to the top of the tank with a strainer on them so that you dont drain the whole tank if the power goes out of when you do maintence on the tank.

the only bad thing that i see is that the bulkheads and on the bottom with no overflow box you will need to extend them to the top of the tank with a strainer on them so that you dont drain the whole tank if the power goes out of when you do maintence on the tank.

Yeah, you right, that will suck.

well i know i was already planning on doing a closed loop system and making a calfo type overflow at the top, so maybe i can work it all in somehow, i just dont want to get too excited about it. I just want to hear a reply back, LOL

well i know i was already planning on doing a closed loop system and making a calfo type overflow at the top, so maybe i can work it all in somehow, i just dont want to get too excited about it. I just want to hear a reply back, LOL
your going to spend more on gas to get there to charleston the you will on the tank, what a deal

I know how you feel :( I'm still looking for a new tank myself. Except the difference is my existing tank has been leaking since Dec. 25. Good luck with your hunt.

Usually when you find a deal, you have to jump on it right a way. what I would suggest, is you may want to make a list of tank sizes, modifications, etc, that are your minimums. then put a price on each tank you are willing to spend. if one shows up in your size and price range for that size, grab it. good luck keep us posted.

yea ill keep looking, i guess i got to watch craigslist like a hawk DAILY!!!

My only other option is to break down and buy the tank from one of my LFS for 189.something is this a bad/average price for a 75??

Last edited:
i bout a 90 gallon brand new built in corner overflow for 220.00 stand cost me another like 250 or something like that. the tank was 20 percent off.. i would check around more then just one local fish store especially if your willing to drive around for it. lots of places are running sales all the time with the way the economy is going.

As much as I hate to say it.You might look at petsmart too.Probably wont find a reef ready there,but a non-drilled tank might be a little cheaper.

i cant remember if we have a petsmart here. and i dont want a RR tank, id rather drill my own and hook it uphow i want it. And im building my own stand and canopy so all i need is the tank, how much you think they go for at petsmart, or about how much cheaper??

I've seen 125s non-drilled for 300 bucks at petsmart.Every once in a while petco will run a sale on tanks for a dollar a gallon.Its worth checking out.

Back