I might have found my first aquarium

yea thats the same i thought,

whats the farthest you guys would drive to get a tank. in this case a 75 gallon for 75 dollars. and another one is 100. and another is 125. but they're all like 3 hrs and 40 mins away. do you guys think its worth it or not. the one above is only 50 or 60 dollars and that one is in raleigh, but it looks to be a real nice tank and maybe they dont know what they have or it might not hold water. let me know

Last edited:
How much will it cost you in fuel to get there and back?
Thats how I look at it.If the cost of getting there and back is cheaper than buying a new tank,then its worth it.

i can get there and back off one full tank of gas, from my calculations. i drive a 1999 nissan altima. and i measured the space in my back seat area and i think i got more then enough room. so i think the trip price plus the tank would be cheaper then buying the new one, but as of now i cant get any pictures out this dude, seems cool but i need pictures if im going to drive a 6 hr roundway trip.

the tank from above has now entered "Auction" status since im not the only one interested in it, so that one is out. But it still looks nice...lol

I'm with ya.If the seller cant come off with pics,or is close enough I can look before I buy.Then I aint taking a chance on it.

Now im a little pissed. I found different 75 gal for 75 dollars somewhere in ga. Dacula or snelville i think. This guy emails me back and says he will take a picture of the tank but since he has to move it he is going up on the price. I said wtf. Im willing to drive 3 hours to get it but you are going to charge me extra for taking a picture. Come on man. get real. He says there are no scratches or chips and he filled it with water and there are no leaks. But im not dumb. NO PICTURES, NO PURCHASE. Im just a little ticked right now.

That one in the pic looks like a reptile cage to me. Did you ask if it's an aquarium? If it's a reptile cage it won't hold water...for long.

If he's got to move the tank to take a pic of it,and wants to charge for that,Then I'd let him keep the tank.

Yote thats exactly what imma let him do. And keaton the tank Youre talking has been sold already refering to a different tank. One in which case i have not seen before. But imma let him keep it. Cuz he has rubbed this rottweiler the wrong way.

Yote thats exactly what imma let him do. And keaton that tank Youre talking about has been sold. Im talking about a different tank. One that i havent seen. But he can keep it now.

going to pick up the tank monday or tues from petsmart. AGA black 75. im nervous and excited i dont want to break it and i hope it doesnt have a slow leak where ill have to take it back to them. i didnt get it today cuz i know today is supposed to be all about my girl:grumble::mrgreen:

Congrats on finding your first tank! You've been around for a while now researching, you should have good luck!

going to pick up the tank monday or tues from petsmart. AGA black 75. im nervous and excited i dont want to break it and i hope it doesnt have a slow leak where ill have to take it back to them. i didnt get it today cuz i know today is supposed to be all about my girl:grumble::mrgreen:

Tell your girl that your getting tha tank for her:mrgreen:
Cant wait to see it up and running.

thnx ryan

yote i have been desperately trying to get my girl interested in the saltwater hobby, but i think its going to take the tank to be up and running before she starts to go at it on her own. My girl has to be one of the girliest of girls. And she knows how obsessed i am with my researching. so if i told her it was for her she would laugh and say yea right. i wonder how alexander got flo into it? please somebody help me!!!LOL

Of course she's not interested in an empty glass box and stack of PVC pipes! But once you get the tank started, you can "help her along" by letting her pick out some of the livestock. Go to the LFS together and tell her that she gets to pick out the fish and coral that you add (of course, it's your job to make sure it's appropriate for your tank). Then let her name them :) She's a girl, she'll find at least a few things in your LFS pretty enough to want them!

Back