I think it's a coral eating worm now....

janet

Reefing newb
I posted yesterday thinking my cleaner shrimps had eaten my rhodactis. Last night a saw a new worm in my tank, smaller than my bristle worm. I think it may be coral eatig fire worm. This morning another rhodactis was eaten. I think my cleaner shrimps just clean up what is left. Is there an easy way to catch this worm?

You can set up a trap using a piece of pantyhose -- put some food inside the pantyhose, and put the pantyhose near where the worm lives. If it tries to get the food, it may get its bristles stuck.

I waited and watched my tank this afternoon and saw which rock the worm was in (it poked it's head out). I got the live rock out and we broke it apart with a screwdriver. It was a Eunice (bobbit) worm. Thank goodness we got that out! I hope there aren't any more of those in there!

i just search it up on google that thing looks nasty. i would have made the mistake of thinking it was a bristle worm and leaving it there. now thinking about it i wonder if thats was in my tank and killing thing and screwing my tank up:frustrat:

Back