I want to buy some Tyree coral

EliWhitney314

Phish Head
But I am not sure if the price is fair or not. The guy is asking 200 I think a head.

Kind of looks like this but much more stunning.
24e6052f4d443bba739580b378c9ec2d.image.200x200.jpg

Looks nice to me but $200 a head? OUCH!!! That sounds a little steep to me. I have seen tyree for half that before. Maybe i should have jumped on it. Chalice for 2 hundred..... anyone??? anyone???

I personally think that's an outrageous price. Scott Fellman at reefbuilders wrote a great article on some common corals that aren't totally expensive but can be stunning nonetheless. Acans can be fantastically gorgeous at a low price...

I still would NEVER pay $100 - $225 for a teeny tiny 1/2-inch by 1/2-inch frag. I don't think I'll ever be confident enough in my reef keeping abilities to spend that kind of money on something so small!

Damn, that blue and orange one is INCREDIBLE.

If I had a tank dedicated to growing those, I'd never have to work again. Or, at least until everyone else caught on and started growing their own also...

thats last one is not even steve tyree chalice. that originated from world wide corals. very rare. its not wide spread yet thats why its so expensive.
one bad thing. the super nice ones grow super slow lol.

yup. i never heard of the other 1000.00 one. i seen when word wide corals brang out that miami chalice. they tried to get like 1500.00 an eye or more on ebay..

Back