ideas

hollywood11892

Reefing newb
ok so im working on getting a biocube most likly for xmas and i was either thinking a mini reef with designer clowns and breeding them n possibly sellling them or atleast attempting too, or using designer clowns and making a biotope. any problem with this i know ill have to upgrade the lighting and would like to use leds if any one knows any way of doing that. thanks!

also snowflakes are some of the cheaper designers, they go for as low as 50 a piece. from ora i personally have the ora extreme misbar percula

I have a biocube and if I had to choose again I would NOT choose it. The back chambers can get filled with a lot of detritus and I have to vacuum them out once month and it is kinda of a pain.

i dont mind having to vacuum and things like that i enjoy the maintenence if gives me something to do, the real question is how to do the leds and suggestions on the biotope or nano reef, and maybe the difficulty raising the designer clowns, i know i want a biocube and have for a while now

designer clowns arent any easier or harder to raise than normal clowns, but its not an easy task for any species of fish. The other issue is that it takes years for clowns to pair up and lay eggs, so dont count on it happening right away.

ok, wasnt really i just love clowns too so its a double plus, i have a pair of percula and they have so much more personality than anything else i think other than maybe manderins

Ya, i would get the clowns because you love them, not because you want to raise and sell the fry. Its like watching a kettle boil, buy them because of that, and just to smite you they will never get down to business :)

haha ya im a firm believe in murphys law haha, gotta expect the worse and hope for the best but if any one knows what else could go in a clownfish biotope other than clowns and anems id appreciate the help im looking online and cant seem to find what else lives around them

You could puts lots of stuff in there, it just depends on what you want. Also im not sure that the biocube lighting will be sufficient to keep a nem, but you dont want to be putting a nem in a new tank anyways.

Eh, I'd say, for the price, you mine as well set up your own system and skip the biocube. I had one (now houses a goldfish) and if you already know you want to scrap the hood, get leds, and not use the crap filtration that comes with the biocube then I wouldn't even bother with it. What would be the point? With your own set up you can do nice lighting and a sump and not have all that wasted space with the back chambers that just trap crud.

Back