Introduce yourself with pics.

Re: Introduce your self with pics.

The only IPA that I have ever had was Flying Bison, a microbrew from buffalo. Definately way to hoppey for me.

[

My favorite, cant find it in america though
Franziskaner_1.jpg

This beer can be found at Bevmo!
Also, on draft at The Yard House, don't know if you have one of those where you live.

You wanna get silly fast drunk? Down a 6er of Spaaten Optimator. 7.2% alc./vol, drinks easily (well for me, anyways)

[

My favorite, cant find it in america though

This beer can be found at Bevmo!
Also, on draft at The Yard House, don't know if you have one of those where you live.

You wanna get silly fast drunk? Down a 6er of Spaaten Optimator. 7.2% alc./vol, drinks easily (well for me, anyways)

You might check with anyone you know in the military to see if they can get it at the class 6 / package store. I'm pretty sure I saw it on post when I was in GA.

here you go guys. straight form wikipedia.

The prevailing consensus of interpretation of United States law and regulations among American absinthe connoisseurs is that, with the revision of thujone levels by the Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau (TTB), it is now legal to purchase such a product for personal use in the US..
According to the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) food and beverages that contain Artemisia species must be thujone free[74]. There is no corresponding US Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) regulation.
The U.S. Customs and Border Protection is inconsistent in saying whether Absinthe may or may not be imported. The Know Before You Go booklet flatly states "The importation of Absinthe and any other liquors or liqueurs that contain Artemisia absinthium is prohibited."[75] while the CBP's Prohibited and Restricted Items web page states that the importation of absinthe is not "prohibited" but subject to FDA and Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau (TTB) approval like other distilled spirits.[76] Absinthe can be and occasionally is seized by United States Customs if it appears to be for human consumption and can be seized inside the US with a warrant.[77][78]
A faux-absinthe liquor called Absente, made with southern wormwood (Artemisia abrotanum) instead of grande wormwood (Artemisia absinthium), is sold legally in the United States. This was the first US approval referring to "absinthe" on the front label; the front label says "Absinthe Refined" but the TTB classified the product as liqueur.
In 2007, TTB relaxed the US absinthe ban, and approved several brands for sale.[79] These brands must pass TTB testing, which is performed by the Gas Chromatography-Mass Spectrometry method[80]. The TTB considers a product to be thujone-free if the FDA’s test measures less than 10ppm (equal to 10mg/kg) thujone.[81] A US distillery also began producing and selling absinthe, the first US company to do so since 1912

In 2007, two brands of absinthe (Lucid and Kübler) began to be sold in the United States. In December, 2007, St. George Absinthe Verte, produced by St. George Spirits of Alameda, California, became the first brand of American-made absinthe to be legally produced in the United States since the enactment of the ban.[45][46] In 2008 the first Bohemian absinthe became available in the United States as Mata Hari absinthe.[47]

Unfortunately, with an alcohol content that hight, it would only take a few drinks to put my out.

There is a special way to drink it but im not sure exactly what it was. Something about fire & sugar cube is all i remember.

Great info dustin, now where can i find a bottle in the US?

Pour a little Absinthe on 2 sugar cubes, put one cube in a spoon and light in on fire over the glass filled with Absinthe, let the sugar melt into the drink, then stir... and shoot... then suck on the other sugar cube...

Tasts like crap IMO (would rather drink something else)

I did this with the Australian Navy somewhere in Bermuda comming home from Desert Storm...

Pour a little Absinthe on 2 sugar cubes, put one cube in a spoon and light in on fire over the glass filled with Absinthe, let the sugar melt into the drink, then stir... and shoot... then suck on the other sugar cube...

Tasts like crap IMO (would rather drink something else)

I did this with the Australian Navy somewhere in Bermuda comming home from Desert Storm...

That's it! thanks.

Did you ever hallucinate when you drank it? this drink is a hallucinogenic correct?

The old recipe was the green fairy but I dont think that the modern recrap is.

OK I will stay OT: Here I am in Negril, Jamaica last year, participating in a favorite hobby of mine:
Smiling and drinking!:Cheers:
Joeycouplesbar10-07.jpg

Back