Introduce yourself with pics.

Thats the most snow Grand Junction has gotten in one night since 1920.:shock: We arnt equipped to handle that amount of snow. We dont have the resources to get plow the roads or move it from parking lots

Figured I'd update with a couple of pics from work.

Me standing inside a square to round that I built this week.
MeandSQ20.jpg

meinsidesq2round.jpg

To give y'all an idea of how big that fitting is,its 107 inches by 70 inches going to a 72 inch round.Layed out by hand (the plasma table is down) and welded out of 16ga galvanized.It took 3 full 5ft X 10F sheets to build and weighs right around 500 pounds.

Wow, Yote ... when you said you did sheet metal fabrication, I was thinking something a bit smaller :shock:.

Very cool. Have a Merry Christmas.

Eli you dad is to fricking talented. You should have him build you a tank stand that you would always have til you pass it down to your children.

That's a giant metal....thingy! Cool!

I just recently got to go in to Club 33 at Disneyland soooo I decided these photos would be good ones to share, as I haven't posted any yet :)

doorpic.jpg

opening the door! very excited.

club33default.jpg

sitting for brunch. :)

Laura-jean thanks for the pictures. You are one pretty young lady. It's nice to have someone on here that's not so hard on the eyes. :lol:

Yote I should send you my dads stuff. I know you would appreciate it. In fact I will

I've done some of that kind of metal work Eli.Several years ago,my old boss dug an old cast iron column and gate out of the river bank.I completely rebuilt the gate on it with just a cutting torch and grinder.Wish I had taken pics of it,but never did.

Yote I can see why you're ready to quit now. Do you work in that room all day long? Where are the windows? Geese!

David,we keep the roll up doors open all the time because of the smoke and fumes from the welding.Galvanized poisoning will kill you.It wouldnt matter about windows anyway,2 weeks in tha shop and they'd be so covered in smoke that you couldnt see out em anyway.
That square to is the exception for building.We normally have to take them outside to put em together.Thats actually one of the smaller ones that we build.

Laura,Your a beautiful young lady:D
If I was 20 years younger and single I'd be chasin ya:wink:

Yes, nice pics Laura! And Yote, that's what I miss about my work stuff. I love putting things together but haven't been able to do hands on stuff in a long time. I have a friend who owns a metal fabricating shop and I like going and watching the people work.

Back