Introduce yourself with pics.

See, I don't get mens' obsession with long hair. I used to have hair down to my lower back in high school, and then I chopped it off in college and kept it above my shoulders. This pic that I posted earlier on this thread (back in January 2009) was the last time I chopped it off. So now, my hair is almost again down to my lower back. And it's a f'ing PITA to maintain! It's thick hair, and it's not even straight or kinky curly...it's wavy and if I don't blow dry it, it gets frizzy. After the wedding that I'm in in May, hair's gettin' chopped off again Hehehe.

See, I don't get mens' obsession with long hair. I used to have hair down to my lower back in high school, and then I chopped it off in college and kept it above my shoulders. This pic that I posted earlier on this thread (back in January 2009) was the last time I chopped it off. So now, my hair is almost again down to my lower back. And it's a f'ing PITA to maintain! It's thick hair, and it's not even straight or kinky curly...it's wavy and if I don't blow dry it, it gets frizzy. After the wedding that I'm in in May, hair's gettin' chopped off again Hehehe.

If your gonna chop it off Wonton, do something productive with it. Donate it to be made into wigs for cancer patients. My wife did that. Right now there is a little red headed girl somewhere walking around with a wig made from my wifes hair :^:

If your gonna chop it off Wonton, do something productive with it. Donate it to be made into wigs for cancer patients. My wife did that. Right now there is a little red headed girl somewhere walking around with a wig made from my wifes hair :^:

Yes, locks of love....that was my plan...unfortunately, I have highlights in my hair :( But someone told me there is this one place that takes them even if there are highlights in them. So we'll see.

I'm trying to get my daughter to do the same, but she's not thinking about chopping off her hair anytime soon. OH WELL! More time for her hair to grow!

use a sulfate-free shampoo. Bed Head makes a good one, and it smells like raspberry lemonade.

use a sulfate-free shampoo. Bed Head makes a good one, and it smells like raspberry lemonade.

Yeah, I buy what's on sale...I've never tried Bed Head Shampoo before...I've tried their gels before though. I'll admit I don't pay much attention to my hair. Unless I am planning on stepping out of the house, I don't do much with it...i let it air dry. But if I know I'm going out, I use my wet-to-dry straightener -- dries my hair while straightening it. Saves me a step. It's just getting harder to get to the hair in the back.

When I got married to the &^%* she had hair she could sit on every night i would brush it every few days I would wash it and if she ever wanted to do anything else to it I would do it. Then about 5 years in she came home with it chopped off. She told me she had to do to much to her hair to deal with it. Then about 5 years ago I wanted to shave my head. It sucks losing you hair because you dont lose it even. No matter what I did i looked like I was swooping to cover a spot and I wasnt. She forbid me from doing what I wanted to do to my own hair. She never did a thing for my hair at all. So to me if your significant other takes care of your hair then they have a say. If they dont then they should shut the f%^$ up. Long hair on women rocks and if my honey has it I will take care of it.

oh good know know li'l fish :) Maybe I can wait until the fall so it grows out even more. Seriously, my hair is f'ing THICK. They could make a100 wigs with my hair LOL.

Ya, the part that is cut off and donated needs to be at least 10 in long. I would suggest that you have it 10 in past your shoulders when you do it because the pony tail it up and the cut off the pony tail. It leaves a really uneven cut so its good to give them a lot to work with to fix it up. The first time i did it, i didnt know and they cut a the base of my skull and it was horrible. They didn't have enough to get it fixed so i looked awful for a while. Thankfully that was in 5th grade.

Hi all i'm new here this is me :)

Attachments

• 100_3370.jpg
    100_3370.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 155
  • 100_3365.jpg
    100_3365.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 149
That right there is the MAIN reason I love LivingReefs.
We've got THE PRETTIEST women in the hobby right here on this site.:wink:
Nice to meet you Ask.:D

This is the only reefing site that consistently has gorgeous women browsing, thank you ladies for picking up the slack for us dopey looking dudes. :mrgreen:

Back