Introduce yourself with pics.

It is indeed - its an '07 Solstice GXP - a college graduation present to myself. I bought it in Febuary of '08 with 50 miles on it 'new' even though it had been sitting on the lot for a year

Its got a few suspension goodies, wider tires, and the GM Performance 'Stage 2' upgrade - It's good for 300 horsepower and 340 ft lbs of torque. The car weighs ~2800 lbs so it goes from 0 to arrested pretty fast :bounce:

My motto is life is to short to drive something boring

Here's a photo of her after a wash and wax last summer:
Solstice.jpg

Last edited:
Hi everyone. My name is Chip and I own a LFS in North Carolina. I started my first marine aquarium in 1991. Three years ago, I quit my day job and started a store to justify my addiction! While I wouldn't recommend that in this economy, it has been a learning experience.

In fact why'd you even have him in the picture? We could of totally seen it without him in it! :mrgreen:

Well nice to "see" you anyways..........:)

It is indeed - its an '07 Solstice GXP - a college graduation present to myself. I bought it in Febuary of '08 with 50 miles on it 'new' even though it had been sitting on the lot for a year

Its got a few suspension goodies, wider tires, and the GM Performance 'Stage 2' upgrade - It's good for 300 horsepower and 340 ft lbs of torque. The car weighs ~2800 lbs so it goes from 0 to arrested pretty fast :bounce:

My motto is life is to short to drive something boring

Here's a photo of her after a wash and wax last summer:
Solstice.jpg

Can i take it for a ride =)

Hi!

So... that is us in our avatar. We are in North Central Florida. We breed AKC Labrador retrievers and sugar gliders and are possibly getting into breeding CKC chihuahuas as well.

We are new to reefing having only had a freshwater tank before. Our current set up for the saltwater tank is:

• 55 gallon tempered glass
  • Deep Blue Solarmax Xtreme 48" T5 light sytem
  • Live rock - about 25 pounds
  • Base rock - about 15 pounds
  • PSK 75 protein skimmer
  • koralia 425 gph and Hydor 750 Evolution pumps
  • Carbon in nylon filtering
  • 40 pounds samoa #1 pink sand substrate
  • Eshopps overflow box & other equip
  • Seawater with RO adds
  • 1 hippo tang
  • 1 oscellaris clown
  • 2 coral banded shrimp
  • 1 brittle starfish
  • 1 unknown small clam that came in on a piece of live rock
  • 2 kinds of open brain, 1 glove, 1 toadstool leather, 1 green star polyp, and several other misc. soft corals
  • 2 feather dusters
  • 5 blue leg hermit crabs
  • 15 Atlantic Astrea snails
Tank up and running for about a month or so now ... we took out half a wall to build it in such a way as to view it from either the living room or Julie's office/glider room. It is stilla work in progress but has come pretty far. The tank underneath needs to be larger and we need to finich bulding the cabinet that will house all of that stuff - we will likely finish that up this weekend or next. We originally had 2 oscellaris clowns, but we will discuss that issue in another post. Click HERE for a link to pictures of our setup from start to now... (NOTE: the last few pictures are of our now deceased oscellaris clown in obvious distress) :(

We use :bowdown: Amazing Aquariums as our LFS and they have been VERY helpful and knowledgeable so far.

George is not a member of any other forums - Julie's work with S.P.I.N. means she is a member of about 6 sugar glider forums.

This is our second fish forum - we tried Reefland and got ignored and our post never got put up when we asked for help yesterday :frustrat: - so we hope to get a better reception here and do not plan to return to Reefland.

Hi Welcome to the Site.

This thread is about putting up your picture so we can learn faces. You will get more of a response if you put your posts in the correct sections.

I replied from the browser on my iPhone (with pics, LOL) and got a message that I needed to wait for moderator approval before my post would be put up here... once it does, the pics will be here - we had them as our avatar, I will try to remedy that as well ;-)

Welcome aboard George and Julie,,enjoy the site...its a lot of fun......maybe not as much fun as Amber is having:lol::shock::Cheers:

Amber ,what can i say.......you look like you enjoy life, thats for sure:Cheers:.....

Back