Introduce yourself with pics.

Well... Ok then! This is me...
2011-01-04225347-1.jpg

and this is my nano reef

2011-10-29130122.jpg

I am setting up a new system right now with a 350 litre reef tank and a 250 litrre FOWLR serviced by a 300 litre common sump. Just finished concereting the little "sump room" under the stairs and hope to pick up the drilled tanks this week.

I go back to work on Feb 6 so everything must be up and running by then!
I look forward to meeting some people with similar indulgences ( obsession, addiction...) and hopefully gaining from your experience and sharing mine where it might help.

Cheers,

Hello all,

I am brand new to this side of the hobby. I had fresh water tanks years ago, but after having little things like 5 year old fish get eaten by another fish, I chose to take a break for many years. I find myself amazed at the technology of the systems now as well as the information in the forums.

I will be in the future doing a starter stand the Cardiff 29 gallon complete system. I have questions because again this is all new to me. What is the best lighting to purchase for a reef system?

I am not looking for a large amount of fish. I really just want a few clown fish, a yellow tang, a starfish, hermit crabs, and snails. Will these all get along with each other.

Thank you in advance for the advice and your knowledge.

Hello all,

I am brand new to this side of the hobby. I had fresh water tanks years ago, but after having little things like 5 year old fish get eaten by another fish, I chose to take a break for many years. I find myself amazed at the technology of the systems now as well as the information in the forums.

I will be in the future doing a starter stand the Cardiff 29 gallon complete system. I have questions because again this is all new to me. What is the best lighting to purchase for a reef system?

I am not looking for a large amount of fish. I really just want a few clown fish, a yellow tang, a starfish, hermit crabs, and snails. Will these all get along with each other.

welcome to the site, I think the best lighting for a 29 would be T5 or LED, as halides may lead to heat issues - but I will let other nano owners chime in.

That being said, you will need to remove the Yellow Tang from your stocking list - a 29 gallon tank is FAR to small for it

Hello all,

Hi and welcome, I am also fairly new to this site and find everyone helpful and friendly. (smiley of big hugs for all)

I haven't had a tang yet so can't say, but you might find the threads of fish selection interesting to read. I have pecula clowns and they are pretty happy in a small tank, (120 litres, that's.. Oh pooh I can't remember how many gallons! LOL!) I have a blue starfish in with mine and he roams around withoutany intererence, however I had had other starfish who ate my corals - not a problem if you're not intending to have corals. Your clownfish would probably like somethig to host in though, especially if they are used to it. :sfish:

Have you got your tank already or is it yet to come?

Back