introducing myself and tanks

Some updates..

Heres the canopy I built to house the T5's. Hope to skin the stand in a similar theme soon.
P1010060.JPG

Heres some 12 volt LEDs I got at the auto parts store for $14.

lights1.JPG

Moonlights mounted in canopy
lights2.JPG

FTS after moving everything over from my old tank. I hate the aquascape, but its hard to believe that theres over 200lbs of LR in there!
newtank.JPG

Moonlit
moons.JPG

start a tank build in the tank showcase section so we can all enjoy your tank. I love it so far. what are your plans for such a nice big tank?

-Doc

i love the green frilly shrooms...is that really wat theyre called??? if so thats awesome! it all looks great, i love the canopy, it looks likes its gonna be a gorgeous set up!

what are your plans for such a nice big tank?

-Doc

LOL docs intro to attempt at another angelfish owner! why didnt you just go out there and suggest it haha

im really jealous of a basement plumbed sump. everything is looking great so far

custom canopy crew signing in!
highfive.gif

OK, OK, OK... Guilty as charged. John, do you realize how cool your tank would be with some big pomacanthus angelfish in there. You can keep three in a tank your size. I have two in my 125. A queen would be amazing in there and they do go great with noxious soft corals. You could also keep a french with the queen and a smaller one, say....a vermiculated angelfish (they look like butterfly fish). Anyway, I am trying to convert people over to angelfish in their reef systems. Yours would look smashing!!!

-Doc

awesome canopy. are you planing on adding some 24" lights or something on the ends?

I dont have any plans to add any more on the sides. The FTS was taken with only 4 of the 8 bulbs running. I still need a couple more parts to get the other 4 bulbs lit. I know the ends will have less light, but I plan on keeping the soft/lps there.

And Doc, thanks for the suggestion, but no Angels for me. I know they are stunning fish, but I really want to move this tank more towards a reef. I would hate to have an angel chow down on an expensive coral. :D

yeah. mine too. I don't feel shot down at all. It is not my fault that people are so short sighted. Some realize the beauty of these fish far too late in their career.

I just ordered two more "unique" angels for my tank (one is white, like full-on white with yellow fins - SO freaking cool) and I will put them in after their QT time at the LFS.

I will continue my attempts to convert the masses to the majesty and beauty of the angelfish.

-Doc

yes they do. Had you actually ever READ any of my posts, you would find that I select my fishies from my LFS and they QT them in a tank with copper, away from other fish. I leave them there for a week and if they are eating, take them home. But don't worry, I am used to being ignored, I have been married and divorced - comes with the territory :bounce:

The white angel is called a "cream angel" I had never heard of it before but it looks like it has the same body and features of the vermiculated angelfish. It is striking and I can't wait to put it in my 125. I will add the two angels together to minimize the beating they will receive from the Koran and Blue angels.

-Doc

3124. I think we can all agree this is a fairly large number. Though i would love nothing more than to show you my large commitment level of e-friendship by reading all three thousand one hundred and twenty four posts you have whipped out in your short history on the living reefs forum,I miss a few. Unfortunately sometimes the hustel and bustle of RL (real life) gets me caught up and I miss a few. I know you dont just spend your valued time shining down your wisdom and insight to see yourself type.I apologize, I know i'm not perfect but I do my best. I am getting better doctor, I promise.

on a serious note, Im really excited to see the pictures of the new angelfish in action.

On a ser

Last edited:
you are lucky I like you. It makes it easier to laught my ass off when you belittle me.

I am glad you have a real life. Remember, tho, Biff joined the forum at almost the EXACT same time as I and she has more than twice the posts...yet you single me out? hmmmm something ain't right methinks

-Doc

OK you hijackers, this is my thread! :D

Here is my newest addition. I am really hoping I can keep this one for more than a month. One of my favorites.

butterfly.JPG

Back