introducing myself and tanks

Here is a funny pic I got tonight while acclimating the CBB. Its a Turbo snail trying to use a hermit crab to flip it self over. Unfortunately, the crab didn't have the weight to flip over either. Can you say stalemate?

turbocrab.JPG

could be, but I haven't ever seen those little blue legs be aggressive towards snails. If he was trying something he got pwned (man...i hate that saying).

I've already used Red's owned pic on video games forum and other reef forums.Its going to be the most popular owned pic on the internet.

Well, the CBB is still swimming around, but I haven't seen it pounce on any aiptasia yet. It also didn't seem all that interested in the cyclopeeze I fed the tank either. I really hope this one makes it! :(

my record is 3 months before killing them. I have tried it four times and only one made it past a month. They are tough, really pretty, but tough

-Doc

Copperband Butterfly

Beautiful but difficult fish to keep, mostly because they dont like take to prepared foods well- but I think you knew that. :D

I didn't find mine difficult to feed. they all ate whatever I put in the tank. I had the same problem with CBB as my Moorish Idols: They have those tiny mouths and don't eat fast. they are the ultimate grazers and need food seemingly 24/7. that is why I think they die. If there are competitors for food, they don't get much. They get some food but not enough to match their really fast metabolism and they slowly starve to death. Just my experience, tho.

-Doc

Hey now, just cuz yours purple queens are antisocial doesn't mean they are bad fish. Mine are eating. since you are SO MUCH more above me (as you pointed out in a different post) in tank skill and quality, I figured you would have solved that little problem by now...

-Doc

Back