Is my cycle done?

Oh that's really cool about your clowns. I think a majority of people have no idea where their fish came from, and if they do it's usually a general idea (my eel was probably not caught in a freshwater lake in Wyoming). Are you planning another tank anytime soon? I have 3 complete at the moment and one in the works.

Well, i have a tank I want to set up as a seahorse tank but I dont want to set it up until after I move for next year. Plus the roommate has a strict one tank limit. Eventually, I want a 240 reef, a seahorse tank and a huge angel tank. But i will have to hit the lottery first, or just not make it into vet school.

This is probably the most expensive hobby I do apart from recording. My 10 gallon nano isn't even fully stocked and there's already hundreds of dollars invested. My 29 invert will cost over two thousand by the time my new LED/skimmer/sump comes in. And that's unstocked =(

Oh ya, all my spare change goes to this. And I worked my ass off one summer to pay for all the equipment. But Ive never had so much fun going broke :D

One of my favorite things about the hobby is you can go to the fish store and get something neat for $10 or $500. It makes it easy to save money and still see progress. Today I got an airpump and airstones for my eel tank. For the invert tank, I am thinking about getting submersible LED strips and putting them between rock layers. It would add so much color to an already colorful tank, I think it would be really cool. I could rig it so you don't see any wires, it will be double rainbow tank =D

ugg, airstones arent good for a reef tank. They screw with the pH, the little bubble will mess with your fish's gills and they dont provide very good oxygen exchange for the tank. The best way to provide good oxygen exchange is to use a powerhead aimed at the surface so you have a good ripple going on.

ugg, airstones arent good for a reef tank. They screw with the pH, the little bubble will mess with your fish's gills and they dont provide very good oxygen exchange for the tank. The best way to provide good oxygen exchange is to use a powerhead aimed at the surface so you have a good ripple going on.

Oh I figured it would be okay since it is placed closer to the surface of the tank, and I have no corals just the eel in there and shes always hiding. Should I take it out?

Back