Is this a good deal?

Here is what I did. I went to petco and bought a 55 gallon start up kit box, a black wood stand, sand, salt for mixing the water with, one big piece of live rock and two other dry rocks, then I bought a powerhead. I spent 450 dollars. Everything is brand new and you dont have to worry about bringing anything home and it breaking the first day. I now have three fish and a clean up crew and 50 lbs of dry rock in there. I have a total of 600 dollars in my tank now. If you want to know where I got the rock and clean up crew I will let you know.

Okay, so my husband and I went to go take a look at this guys's setup. It was a very dirty 55gal aquarium. But I figure I can clean that up with a vinegar/water sollution. The stand looks kinda shitty though. I was wondering if I can reuse the

plumbing maybe? Or would that be a bad idea? Also, the tank is tempered glass and I was going to call around to find out how much it would cost me to get it drilled. The guy went down from 100 to 50 bucks for this aquarium. Should I do it? I

would def buy a stand somewhere else.....I dunno.

if the tank is tempered it cant be drilled.... i wouldnt do it for 50, you can get a NEW ONE FOR 55 BUCKS WHEN PETCO HAS THEIR SALE. sorry for caps lock

Okay ya'll. So, of course we didn't end up buying that tank

from that guy. We are still looking. We hope to find a good

reasonable setup and have it cycled by Christmas if possible. It

was gonna be an early Christmas present from both of us to us

ya know? So yeah, still looking.......................sigh :grumble:

Sorry I haven't replied. My Bernese Mountian dog blew out a knee and ive been busy taking care of him. He is hurting and I have trashed my back helping him around. He's 180 lbs, so just imagine!

These folks have you covered on advise. If you need some local info, just contact me directly and I'll see if I can help out. Next week will be tough as his surgery is scheduled for Tuesday.

Good luck and have a great holiday!

sorry about the dog, we recently put our 13 year old golden retriever down. she blew her hip out when she was one, and had a total reconstructive surgery. it wasnt successful and her leg constantly shook...

Yeah, dogs can be tough. Thos will be my third TPLO. Bradley the berner had his other rear done last year. At $3200 a pop, I really had to think long and hard about it, but how can you put a price on a life? He is my buddy, for a week or ten years, I'll do everything I can for him.

Back to your regularly scheduled thread..... Oh, and sorry about your dog. I had to put down my Pyr a few years back. Don't think I'll ever get over the loss.

Well everyone, we are going to Aviarium (lfs) tomorrow to hopefully get a black friday deal. We want to at least get the tank, stand, and canopy. I'm very excited!!:bounce: Wish us luck. If we get one, I can start our own build thread! :D

Lol Justin and Trauma. Right?! Anyways, I think we found a good deal. We decided to buy new instead of used. We have decided to go with the Aviarium after checking out numerous lf's. It will be about $500 for a 55 gallon with overflow Aqueon aquarium, glass cover, black pine canopy and stand, and the plumbing. We decided to do new cause we couldn't find any really good quality used ones. As far as the rest of the shabang, we will buy it all in parts prob next wk. We got to get that car out of the shop first! We are really excited about this whole thing! :-)

Back