IS this a good one????

I can't open the link but I think it's similar to the one I'm using. I've got the bh-100ss, it's a good skimmer and I haven't had any problems with it. I've had mine for about 3-4 months now, and I might be looking to sell it in the near future. I haven't decided whether I will or not yet but, if your interested just let me know.

Home > Protein Skimmers > HOB Octopus Skimmers

Average Customer Rating
star48.gif
4.8 out of 5
stats.gif

Read Reviews (6) Write a Review

6 Customer Reviews5 Star:
statsbar.gif
54 Star:
statsbar.gif
13 Star:
statsbar.gif
02 Star:
statsbar.gif
01 Star:
statsbar.gif

Reef Octopus BH 100
Hang on Back Protein Skimmer PS-OCT-HOB-100 $119.95 Qty:

That's a great skimmer for that price. With HOB skimmers, Octopus brand is really the only one that seems to perform well in that price range.

It is a decent HOB skimmer for the price.I wish it had a surface skimmer attachment.Skimmers work more efficiently if the water is pulled from the surface where waste collects.Flooding issues,you get that possibility with all skimmers so don't let that stop you.

This is a better version(at the cost it should be,right?)
CV-SRO-LX1000S Premium Aquatics - CV-SRO-LX1000S

I have the surface skimmer model and it truly does nothing to skim the surface. The directions tell you that the surface skimmer attachment needs to be at least 1/2" below the water level to operate properly. But, when you place it that low, it doesn't do anything to skim the top of your water.

Back