is this decent lighting?

banthonyb71

Reefing newb
Odyssea Metal Halide System

I just purchased aquatic life 4x39w t5 ho but was told it was weak lighting to keep most soft corals anemones amung other things. Should I take it back and get this fixture instead? theorticaly it should be an upgrade but then there is the quality issue.....

I am using the 150w MH + T5 pendant without any issues. It seemed a little lower quality, like the screw holes were not perfect on the inside, on the outside everything is perfect looking, and all wiring and soldering and such was flawless inside. It runs perfectly. The only issue I had was that the socket for the MH was not properly aligned, that was fixed by a 5 minute readjusting of the screws. Have had it running 2 months now.

I bought one of their T5 systems a little over a month ago and one set of lights havs stopped working. Before that the other two went our for a couple days. I havent called the seller so I cant say anything about their service but it is the same brand your looking at.

I have bought other things from aqua traders and its all a little lower quailty but seems to work ok.

Your light is good enough for soft corals and LPS corals.You should be even okay with a derasa clam and lower light anemone like the bubble tip.It's not that limited.

Last time I checked,Odyssea is still not UL listed.I personally would stay away from them.

Back