Jason's 120

I have moved all LPS to my sumfragium. They are so easy to feed down there. My computer took a gaint crap so I can't do pictures. I will try to get on as much as I can but Oscar and I have to walk to the library. I hope to see you soon.

dang man. bummer about the computer. how does oscar have the patients to sit there while you are on the computer. My son stand for it.

Another trip to the library today. There is a train table right next to the computer. I made a 50 frags over the last 2 days and I have people coming to get frags this weekend. I hope I can grow them fast enough to pay for new equipment and upkeep.

im sorry about your computer...that sucks so bad.

your tank looks awesome, i love all the coral. it has gotta be tough to do an all new aquascaping with that much stuff attached to each rock, nice work!

I sent the computer is yesterday should get it back some time next year.
I have tried hard to keep the corals attached to just one rock. Everything is growing so fast now though it is tough. I sold a $100 in frags yesterday and got 2 sweet zoa frags on top of that.

Well I am back. Since I have been gone I have been selling frags and raising berghia nudibranches. In the spring I hope to have a lot to sell so you people with aptesia prablems be prepared for a good deal. I plan on selling them to locals for $5 aa piece that is a third of what they are on the net.

I have been building new reflectors. They are the DIY lumenarcs. Pretty easy to build and a lot cheaper than the real thing. I will post pictures after I get the rack built. Only if you ask though.

I have them in the canopy with the lights but nothing is mounted. I have to wait for Oscar to go to bed tonight. It will be a tight fit to get my vhos mounted. I did turn the lights on and I think you can see them from space. I hope I don't bleach anything.

I'de like to see pics of the DIY Lumenarcs. I'm thinking about making them too. Did you use Miro-4?
I've read they can increase PAR by about 300% over parallel reflectors. You should light acclimate your tank.

Sorry I didn't take pictures tonight before I put them on the tank.I can't believe the difference. I bought a 14' solar tube from menards for $44. Some of the people from my local club told me it wouldn't be worth my time and money. I have seen these for over a $100 a piece. If you have any DIY skills go for it,

Just for the people who asked

08DecNYC022.jpg

08DecNYC023.jpg

Back