Jason's 120

Awesome setup, Oscar.

So that last pic is of your frag tub..is that sharing water with the sump below? Or is that tub just for your dt?

The tub is connected to the sump too. All the water drains dowm from upstairs into the sump/fuge. Then my skimmer has a manifold that has a carbon reactor. calcium reactor and sends water to the display and frag tank.

The light mover moves my halide across my frag tank. It takes about a minute to move across the tub and back. They are used for growing plants mostly.

why would you want to move the light in a min, i could see if it were supposed to simulate the sun moving across the sky, but that would take hours, not a min...

The whole tank gets light all the time. It is a way to light a tank that is to big for just one light. The frags also get light on all sides of the coral so there isn't a pale side like there is with a fixed light. It is also a lot harder to bleach out a coral from to much light this way.

The whole tank gets light all the time. It is a way to light a tank that is to big for just one light. The frags also get light on all sides of the coral so there isn't a pale side like there is with a fixed light. It is also a lot harder to bleach out a coral from to much light this way.

So you have lights on all sides? Sorry. I'm not following.:question:

It is just one halide that travels the length of the tank then pauses and returns to the other side. It does this the whole time the lights are on. It is like the sun traveling across the sky a hundred times a day. The light ends up shining on all side of the coral evenly

Checking growth November 23
001-1.jpg

008-1-1.jpg

Last edited:
Back