jebao

Ok, I purchased a jebao wp10 from @Eric Noa and am very impressed. The pump is tiny, hardly notice it but it puts out the waves even in my 72g. I am running an mp40, not even in the same class because of size, but it was worth the couple of dollars over the 485 dollar mp40. The reason this is great for my application is i shoved one side of my tank to the corner of the wall and I don't have the room and moving a tank is just out. It is so quiet and give it 2 thumbs up. I really laughed when I opened the package and thought what is this little guy going to do, and it does preform. I really like that it isn't programmed in and it is a step up from a 1050 hydor.

We're just gonna have to see what happens after time, I'm expecting the wp10 to not last as long as the mp40, but I can run it at 100% and it doesn't sound like crap like the mp40. I just did a feed cycle and cut the power off via apex and it saved the settings and started up in the same place. Not bad in my opinion, 60 bucks verse 485, I can deal with the lack of features.

I'm going to leave this open for discussion and will keep updates on this wavemaker. I have heard great and bad things on the jebao and I wanted to give my personal review on it. At first glimpse I was questioning it's size and was impressed with it this far. With due time, I will give my thoughts on it and will be honest. I don't work for any company, as I'm just a hobbiest and price has a big hold on what I choose to run.

It is only day 2 and I can see the difference on how the corals react, the wp10 replaced my hydor 1050 at the same cost. I ran it 1 hr on 30 min off because it really was to much for my setup. When running the hydor with the vortech mp40 it would create an under toe affect and render a quarter of the tank sweeper less (lps). That would be always true if the hydor didn't spin backwards at times.
Right now, it totally blows a continual on powerhead, for price it kills the vortech. I cannot tell you right now about the performance of the jebao, but in the future I may look at another jebao because the opening on the mp40 is to large and allows for snails to interfere with the impeller and the mp40 is not directional. Very limited on how you set up a display and how much flow your allowed.

I run 2 wp40's and 2 wp10's in my 150 you can't hear a peep out of any of them I also use the dc9000 return pump and I can't even heat it they have been running for 2 months now and love them

I have 4 WP10s and 2 WP25s and I wouldn't trade them for the world. They've made a world of difference in my tanks. I run the WP25's on my 3 metre coral runs in the shop and they're almost too powerful for that application.

Back