Joint Meeting???

ctvol

Reefing newb
Just wondering if you folks want to do that joint meeting in May??? Dave (cee) will be hosting for us... I've talked to him, and he said its ok if you guys want to come up... We usually do the third Saturday, so I guess that would be May 19th... LMK if this would be a good time to discuss the swap and whatnot...

Thanks,
Randy

hey randy, that sounds pretty good. it didnt look like this months meeting was gonna work out very well. we all know where dave lives so that also makes it easier. we will keep in contact and try and make this happen. thanks randy

Bryan

sounds good to me... i'll be there

Who is bringing the beer and who is driving me to the meeting?

Brandon

LOL I'll be bringing some Shiner as usual... Oh, but Dave did say he's not feeding all of you... So somebody bring those good chicken wings or whatever those things were that we had down at Brandon's... :D Besides we need something to soak up the beer.. ;)

Did he really say that?

I'll bring some pickled pigs feet and some beer.... Oh yea who from chattanooga is driving.

Brandon

He actually did... Not sure if I was supposed to relay the message or not... But I figured I was, since I'm the least likely to beat around the bush out of anyone in the club... lol Damn Yankees... Nah, we usually do a pot luck sort of thing anyhow... But Dave puts out quite a damn spread... Some of the food he fixed last time was rediculously good... I think it was chicken quesadillas, shrimp burritos and some corn fritata thing... I don't know... It went well with the Dos Equis I brought... ;)

I've never had pigs feet before... I worry about if other people wash their hands before reaching into the jar at the gas station... lol :D

I will be going. I can either ride or drive if anyone wants to tag along. We need to get an idea of who's going. So Dave will have an idea of how many to expect. I understand about the food issue, I have heard he puts on a nice spread. Some of us can bring some stuff. Ya'll talking about food over on your forum Randy? Yes I am too lazy to go look!! LOL!!

Well im not sure whether to be affended or just informed. Its always kinda a givin in our club that everyone signs up to bring food. noone ever is expected to feed everyone. I hope the comment was made as a notification and not another way of saying I dont want them hear but if they feed themselves ill deal with it. I definalty dont want to be a burden. please clear this up for me randy? I can think of alot better things to do than sit and feel like im not wanted there. I think maybe I miss understood? but who knows.

Ironman said:
Well im not sure whether to be affended or just informed. Its always kinda a givin in our club that everyone signs up to bring food. noone ever is expected to feed everyone. I hope the comment was made as a notification and not another way of saying I dont want them hear but if they feed themselves ill deal with it. I definalty dont want to be a burden. please clear this up for me randy? I can think of alot better things to do than sit and feel like im not wanted there. I think maybe I miss understood? but who knows.

I understand what you are saying Bryan! LOL! I was like huh??? :mrgreen:

Ya. I dont know, maybe i didnt read it right, but it kinda sounds alittle rude. I dont think we asked them to bring anything when they came to brandons house. actually I remember making a second trip and buying twice as much chicken fingers and and stuff to make sure we had enough. I would feel more comfortable bringing food dont get me wrong. but if the attitude was "Im not feeding them" than ill be staying home. like I said before though I probly am missunderstanding what was said. so lets not get all uptight! :mrgreen:

I think maybe the comment was made off hand, and perhaps I was mistaken in posting it the way I did... You all should feel more than comfortable up here with us... I know some of you guys have made the trip up to Mel's and Art's, I don't think anybody felt unaccepted there, and I doubt you would feel any less accepted at Dave's... Seriously, I know you guys are a good group, and theres enough freaking drama going on in our club right now... I'm sorry if I stirred any more down here... That was not my intent... If you don't want to deal with the bullshit of our club, I completely understand... Sometimes I don't want to deal with it or know how to deal with it... I am just trying to get our two groups together so we can discuss the swap...

no problem randy, I know several of you guys and know we would have a great time. I know its not the clubs view on this that you were talking about. it is your hosts view.

I wasn't aware of any past ummm, experiences that have occurred... If I were, I definately would have kept that to myself... Would it be better to wait till our June meeting??? Its supposed to be at my house... Theres no way anyone could feel unwelcome around me... lol :D My house isn't that big, and I'm currently remodelling it... Thats why I haven't hosted any meetings before... I'm sure most of you know how plans/money changes when you get engaged... I just didn't know how much!!!!!!! But I've been badgered enough, and am past caring about the looks of it... The tanks are the nicest thing in the house... lol Though I have half of the deck up!!!!! And it should be done by the meeting... So if its nice out, it shouldn't be too cramped... If that works better you should definately come... Or come to both for that matter... We'll have a good time!!!!!!!!

we are all looking forward to coming! dont get me wrong man, My concern is wether or not dave wants us there? its no big deal if he doesnt want us to come. there probly wont be more than 6-10 of us that could make it anyway. but if this frag swap idea is gonna happen it really has to happen now. we are already past due to have a game plan. if we get a plan at yalls meeting that will give us around 3 months to make it a success, which is really tight. lets make this work if at all possible.

Look guys...regardless of whether Dave made some offhand jacka$$ comment or not, you are all more than welcome to come. It's the club's meeting not Dave's. Really, I'm sure he didn't meant anything by it...he just acts a bit odd sometimes, ya know? I'd like to see all of you there (so would Randy, Art, Matt, etc.)...so get on it!

Plus...we'd really like to help out with the Chattanooga swap and possibly make it a joint swap with the two clubs (if you guys want to that is, especially since we are both pretty small clubs). We can totally talk about it and divvy up the work so you guys don't get stuck doing everything again. Ya know?

Anyways...you guys know we love having you up here and we'd love to do it again. OK?

Back