Jordon's 28g nano

JordonMier

Reefing newb
Hey everyone its been a while since my last update/freakout when my brand new lights burnt out. The tank looks beautiful with my new Evo50 LED and all of my corals look like they love the light upgrade. I now have a harlequin shrimp, porcelain crab, 6 line wrasse, scooter dragonet and various cleaners. Corals are Xenia, GSP, Kenya Tree, zoa's and a cool reddish live rock I bought from my LFS out of their 5.99 live rock bin that had 12 mushroom polyps on it.

Attachments

• IMG_1107.jpg
    IMG_1107.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 272
  • IMG_1104.jpg
    IMG_1104.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 312
  • IMG_1105.jpg
    IMG_1105.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 282
  • IMG_1064.jpg
    IMG_1064.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 277
  • IMG_1058.jpg
    IMG_1058.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 328
Hes awesome! He is not afraid of the camera at all! Constantly swimming around the tank giving it a lot of personality and he is never the same color I swear.

Mine buries himself into the sand to sleep. It's funny because I'll be like oh no where is he and then he will come out all covered in sand like he's waking up.

What's your feeding schedule like/what do you feed?

I am feeding every other day right now and they seem to be all ok with it. The scooter ate some brine shrimp at the lfs which is why i decided to pick him up since he doesnt seem to be a picky eater. Thanks all for the nice comments. I am thinking of adding a clown/anemone or some hammer or frogspawn corals which is why I left the left side of the tank so empty for now.any suggestions are appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_1675.jpg
    IMG_1675.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 378
  • IMG_1676.jpg
    IMG_1676.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 484
The clown will be a great addition! but i would wait on the nem, they are very hard to keep and can nuke your tank if they die. Plus, there is no guarantee that clown will even be hosted by the nem.

How much do you feed every other day? I feed every day now. My scooter is very active all aroumd the tank but if i go more than a day without feeding his little belly gets a little sunken and thst worries me. I want him to be fat.

Biggest thing about mine is that he only eats maybe ten or twelve mysis or blood worms at any one feeding. Then he goes nuts for awhile but wont eat any more for at least a few more hours. I wisj he would really gorge himself once a day. I worry that hes not getting enough food because in the wild they eat constantly. Hes happy akd healthy for over a month now though.

My guy seems to be in good health with no sunken belly. When I put brine in the tank he goes nuts for it so im assuming he will be just fine. I hope that yours will be fine as well cause these guys have so much personality!

I was told not to use brine shrimp on a regular basis as it has very little nutritional value amd fish can get addicted to it. formula 2 or mysis shrimp uave worked well for me even after brine. My guy loves bloodworms too but ive reas they also have little nutrition.

+1 Cvcdrk

Brine is like fish candy, the best way to feed your fish is to rotate through several different types of food. Variety is the spice of life and key to good nutrition!

Well I do actually put in a mix of mysis / brine because my 6 line eats mysis. The scooter never eats a single mysis from what I saw when I watch him eat. He will let it pass right by his face and he will swim off to go find a brine. Anything else he can eat that is sized like brine shrimp that I should try?

I made the mistake of feedi.g brine the first few days because its what i bought. After finding out it wasnt good for him i bought bloodworms and mysis. At first he would only eat the bloodworms but i mixed the two together and slowly reduced the amount of bloodworms and he began eating the mysis.
Littl fish said its like candy...which makes snese. If you offer a toddler a choice between healthy food like broccoli or candy for dinner hes going to pick the candy.
If this method doesnt work for you i would try soaking just mysis in a little bit of garlic which is a natural fish attractant. I would see if he will switch to the bloodworm/mysis concoction first and see what happens.

Good luck! :-)

Hey guys its been a while since I have done an update and I figured I would show how the tank is doing. I have added a few new things and it all seems to be doing perfectly. I had a couple of clowns jump out on me so I just opted for more cleaning crew than fish really. Lemme know what you guys think ^_^

Attachments

• IMG_1877.jpg
    IMG_1877.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 271
  • IMG_1859.jpg
    IMG_1859.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 297
  • IMG_1872.jpg
    IMG_1872.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 266
Other Photos with the blue lights on.

Attachments