Julians Thing

kilo

Reefing newb
This is my review of Julians thing! i saw it on mr. saltwater tv, haven't seen it on the forum yet so ill write it! saw the two little fishies booth and went by to check them out, i originally went to get a phosban 150 reactor, (which ill also review if u guys would like!) i saw julians thing and decided i would give it a shot, she threw in a bag of replacement tips! I ran it threw its courses, feeding corals, killing aptasia, and blowing off rocks.
PROS:
extendable, i use 1 rod length which is great for my tanks, i can reach the sand easily without getting wet!
good quality
whole thing is plastic ( just dont drop it out a 2nd story window, or cook it in ur oven and i dont think it will break :D )
syringe has measuring numbers, and bars
very easy to control
tips cut easy to allow food to pass through i have 4 ( 2 very thin to kill aptasia and feed oyster feast or phyto, and a larger tip opening to spot feed mysis or chunks of squid)

CONS:
my biggest complaint, the "connectors" are just rubber tubing, why is this bad? well it took me about 10min to get the tube to where it was on the gray pipe, and it refuses to go farther down, so it causes the tip to be crooked :frustrat: its really not that big of a deal, i just like the flush look, ill try to tweak it a bit more..

there is an anti backflow valve at the back of the syringe, to keep the stuff from passing through but it doesent work, i really didnt expect it to, because air has to pass through so water will be able to, too! again not a big deal, its there to stop large chunks of food i believe.

for you deep tank guys: the "extendable part" isnt too extendable the middle pipe that slides in, i dont think it would be tight enough, but wrap it in black electrical tape should make a tighter fit, it slides too easily for me (with the full length of black flexi tube, the gray pipe and tip, it measures 44in, is extandable much further, but may have to "mod"

a little on the pricey side for a large syringe $$$ i think $20 would be a much better price for this.

worth it? to me: yes
cost: $35
rating: 4 outta 5

overall: it works great! blows sand off rocks, use it to blow detritus off rocks, feed corals and kill aptasia.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v5-FPMQRYY&list=HL1333385307&feature=mh_lolz]Mr. Saltwater Tank's Coverage of MACNA 2011 Part 2 - YouTube[/ame] (skip to 1:40)

mail

mail

mail

another minor problem, nothing major! but due to the length of it, it takes a while for air to travel down the tubes/pipes so its a little tough to get a perfect amount of food, err whatever dispensed, but im getting used to it

Back