June POTM Theme - ANYTHING GOES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh,wow....so what is going on with this one??Is this my original in your editing program??Because now it really looks different to me.. very orangeish .Just wondering if pics will look alot different depending on what software you use...Kinda like what you just did.You took a pic that i touched up with my program then put it into yours and without doing anything, it looks different...does that sound right??Kinda like cameras i guess too...what works out on one will be different on another......So if you told me to ,IDK, slide contrast to a certain,then brightness,ect,ect,......our pics would still look alot different because we are you using different editing software ,right??Could you also check out the new pic i just posted in my fish pic thread,and see how that looks ...thanks for your help:D I guess its time to update to better image editing software too.

She said she changed the saturation and removed the water marks in the first one. My understanding is that in the pic she just posted, she left the saturation alone (what it was when you posted it) and just had the water marks removed.

In any case, please pick which one you'd like to use so the POTM entry thread doesn't get cluttered with several versions of the same shot. :)

thats what i figued,but does the shot she just posted and my very first one look different to anyone,because to me they do......i'm not trying to get the best looking pic to enter,i just want to learn all i can about editing
also to keep things completly fair ,i will be using my very first orginal pic:D, maybe we can jump threads to my fish pics and continue the lesson
thanks

It's really okay if you want to use one of the shots with the water edited out. That is a fair modification. But if you want to use the first one, I'll remember that come voting time.

Where's Waldo??

IMG_1843-1.jpg

Nice shot,i love hawkfish...
Well i guess i'm going with my original pic now..:lol:, JK,i was going to use it anyway..

OhNo, I really didn't want to shang-hi this thread like this. You said you wished you had cleaned your glass so I cleaned up your shot for you.

Here's the short answer. Simply putting a shot into different editing programs will not yield different results in that shot. Once you start editing then you're changing the image. Every person will edit their pictures differently even with the same program. You learn how to get shots you like using the software you choose. Editing software can range from free to several thousand dollars, they are not equal. I usually suggest Adobe Photoshop Elements to people to use as their editing program. It's very powerful and very easy to learn and reasonably inexpensive- 80.00. I use Adobe Lightroom 3 for most of my editing. I like it. It costs around 300.00 and you will need to invest the time and money in a class to learn how to use that software and that is unreasonable and unnecessary for most photographers.

Nemo, I would be HAPPY to teach you how to edit your shots. I offer free classes that teach you how to use your camera, how to compose your shots and how to edit your pictures. I was a photography teacher for many years and I think my students learn a lot in my class. We are talking about putting together a summer class. There is just too much to tell you in these posts to fully and completely answer your questions. :?: Unless you want to invest in private lessons?

Sorry this took over the thread guys, let's get some more posts!!!

C

If that is a picture of the clam that hasn't been severely edited its crazy. TBH I'd have a hard time believing it actually looks like that..something looks off. I'd have to see a seperate picture to be convinced.

that clam looks like a smiling mouth. Maybe that's where the phrase "happy as a clam" comes from!! :shock: one of life's great mysteries have been explained...

:mrgreen: It is indeed edited. New camera means new editing software that came with it and this is the first pic I used to experiment with it. Here's how it looks unedited:

Clam2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back