Just a quick pic

phastroh

Do Not Listen To Me!!!
This is my Tampa Bay Saltwater Rock like 2 hours after I put in 80lb of Live Sand from them and 81lbs dry and 40lb live.

Rocks have been rearranged and the tank is crystal clear now waiting for the 40 live this weekend.

I have the whole process in pix and will post them to my own page after it is all done.

Ha I slapped a pic of the sink I installed. I had a cabinet in the laundry room for a sink and then got the premade thing from home depot cut the hole, got a $60 nice tub from a plumbing supply place and a $52 dispenser for drinking. Everything like drain and stuff is hooked up just have to go back and get a different splitter because the hose to the drinking dispenser is big compared to the line and I didn't realize it and got the wrong size splitter. I will be attaching the hose to the wall for the tank use.

Attachments

• 2011-01-22_15-55-23_128.jpg
    2011-01-22_15-55-23_128.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 308
  • 2011-01-22_15-55-05_558.jpg
    2011-01-22_15-55-05_558.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 328
  • 2011-01-26_09-36-23_667.jpg
    2011-01-26_09-36-23_667.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 281
Thanks a lot. I will be posting better ones later. There isn't much room in the front as of now but I kind of like it though. I was thinking of stacking it higher but honestly there is so much space behind them you just can't see it.

It is a total tunnel zone back there and wide ones.

If I had a better camera, although I haven't looked at my HD pix. I will be posting them on my own webspace so I will make them huge and hopefully the bowfront doesn't distort them too much.

If you like I can send you a message when they are up which will be after I add the rest of the rock.

Let me know.

Last edited:
Forgot to mention that I am putting a better faucet in that.

Those came from the tub sink that was there and I gave the sink to my brothers buddy so I told him I would give him the faucet as well.

Looks cool! Keep monitoring your ammonia. You should have very little die off being that he didn't even have to ship it.

Looks cool! Keep monitoring your ammonia. You should have very little die off being that he didn't even have to ship it.

I have had no die off I can see since Saturday when I put them in.

My ammonia has been .5PPM this whole time and it seemed almost a lighter green than the .5PPM this morning but when you put the chart by it I can't tell if it is leaning toward .25PPM.

Should I be checking something else to let me know if this is true.

Someone told me that my Nitrites will go up after the Ammonia spike and then the Nitrates after that.

It is just that is has been almost a week and I need to let Richard know ahead of time if I need to get the rest of my live rock and critters. I don't own a truck and don't want the boxes in my car and my ride is limited to Sat. morning. I met him at 10AM last time.

He had a lot of cool rocks and stuff sitting along the wood fence. Saw the boat as well.

NOTE: Found a small dead crab. Maybe he starved. I left a small piece of shrimp in the tank and first there was a snail on it then a crab smelling it and then it was gone in like 10 minutes. Can a crab eat a piece of shrimp half its size that quick. The crab is about the size of 2 quarters.

I am going to post this elsewhere as well.

Back