Just making sure I am doing things right

Saw

Reefing newb
Ok so my wife bought me a 150 gal aquarium to replace my 55 tall and I love it. We had just moved and I was unable to bring a lot of stuff with me so I brought the tank of corse. I just bought all the stuff and would like some advice on where to posisition the heaters intake and output of the filter and placement of the power heads and any suggestions you might have would be greatly appreciated. I have a aquatop cf 500uv filter running pads, activated carbon, and bio balls. I have 2 300w aquatop heaters 2 1300gph powerheads 1 150gph powerhead a digital thermometer. My substrate is 120 lbs of thatian moon sand. I plan to place live rock and several different types of fish in the tank. But before I can do that I would like to ask for help on where to place the items so I can have the best possible set up. So just throw your ideas out there please.

Hello and welcome to the site, glad to have you aboard. Are you planning on setting up a sump also, because a lot of your mechanical filtration, heaters and uv can be hidden in there.

The only ones that position really matters for is the powerheads. You want them spread out throughout the tank so that there aren't any dead spots, placed near the surface of the water so that they create a ripple on the surface.

The other stuff, if you don't have a sump, I'd hide behind the rocks.

Back