Kenya tree slaughter!!!

cgoodman381

can i put whtever i want?
So I have a smallish kenya tree and I want to get rid of the thing... It balls up at night and I can see the main stalk really well. If I cut on the main stock as close to the rock as possible and glue it to a smaller rock will it still live? My LFS will take it in for some cred... Or is there a different way I should 'Frag' it out?

Also, will the cut part that is left on the rock (the base of the tree i guess you would call it) grow back again? Or will it be to decimated to grow? If it dies will it throw extra nitrates into my system? Im not to versed on coral deaths.

You should have no issues with that procedure, they of course will live through most anything. That's what I would do. Whatever fleshy part is left on your rock, I would maybe try to smear some glue over it so its trapped and sealed off so it doesn't grow back.

They will grow back whether you cut them off at the base, or completely rip them off at the base. There is no way to kill these things. Don't even try to beat them. You are already doomed.

I agree with Bifferwine. I hate that stuff and have learned over the years only to give it to people I dont like! I grew out of that though. I would not keep it in any tank. Good luck getting rid of it.

Well I still only have one and its farely small. It came free along with a shroom rock.... Shouldnt be to hard to get rid of the thing

i tought i killed mine one time i actually ripped em off the base and well i felt bad so i glued em to another base and now well its a mommy already it only took 2 weeks

it went from beign the size of my pinky nail to the size of my poiter go figure psshh and i tought i killed it

So I was getting ready to cut it tonight, but it seemed to not have a super solid base so I ripped it off... Spread kalc paste over the spot where it was... Found a baby of its as well and did the same. Hopefully all goes well!

So I was getting ready to cut it tonight, but it seemed to not have a super solid base so I ripped it off... Spread kalc paste over the spot where it was... Found a baby of its as well and did the same. Hopefully all goes well!

I wouldnt bet on it:mrgreen:

Same way I explained above. Ripped it off the base and used kalc mix over the spot where it was. Found a couple babies and just smothered them in superglue, let it yet... Then put zoas over it.

You got lucky:mrgreen:
I tryed that,but mine came right back.The dang things are growing right out from under the rock I covered them with.
Guess when work slows down where I got enough time,I'll pull them out and send em to Piggy.:D That is if she decides she still wants them.

Back