Kicked out?!

WannaRace

Reefing newb
I have had two clown fish hosting the same bubble tip anemone at the same time for almost a year. Just recently, the male clown no longer goes in, let alone near, the anemone. In fact, he stays on the complete opposite side of the tank now while the female remains in the anemone.

This has only started happening about 5 days ago but it's kind of a bummer to see that he doesn't host it any more. Any chance of his return? The pair seem to act fine around eachother when the female approaches the male on the other side of the tank.

Any ideas as to why this happens? Just because??

I've seen it happen.But dont why it happened.
When I had my clowns,the female would stay in the anemone and the male was stuck on the sand down under it.
Maybe the female got pissed cause he was paying to much attention to the other fish instead of her.:dunno:

Hmm...There's been no changes so I guess this is just the cycle some fish go through.

I had a good laugh reading some of your posts guys :)

When I had my clowns,,they would stay together for the most part,except the male wasnt allowed in the anemone.

Yeah this is the most dramatic thing I've seen unfold in my tank. The male sleeps just outside the nem at night. Then as soon as the lights come on, to the other side of the tank he goes. Unreal

I had the same thing happen with my two clowns. After a year it seems the female kicked out the male and he started hosting my duncans on the opposite side of the tank, then she got jealous and started going for the duncans and kicked him out back to the old house.

I had the same thing happen with my two clowns. After a year it seems the female kicked out the male and he started hosting my duncans on the opposite side of the tank, then she got jealous and started going for the duncans and kicked him out back to the old house.

typical

Back