Laura's 10 gal Tank

:goldfish::goldfish::goldfish:

:sfish::sfish::sfish::sfish::sfish:

:goldfish::goldfish::goldfish:

:question::question::question:

C

SORRY!!!!!! It's been busy. Here are a LOT of pictures to make everyone happy. :)

P1050133.jpg

P1050153.jpg

P1050171.jpg

P1050172.jpg

P1050192.jpg

P1050182.jpg

P1050190.jpg

The bigger of the two has been picking on the littler one very much, which leads me to believe that A) They're pretty young. B) Definitely not a mated pair! C) The bigger one must either be the female or will become the female fairly soon. The little guy has found a couple of "caves" he likes to stay in until the bigger one comes to twitch at him.

Clown dynamics....annoying. Can't they just get along? Haha. :P

Pretty cute little guys though! I love them.

I don't want to jinx it, but if the little one isn't terrorized to death by the big one, and they eventually get along, their names will be Peter and Wendy.

As soon as I put the clowns in the tank (after drip acclimating them for like 40 minutes), the damsel started to pick on the bigger clownfish. Soooo I took him back to the LFS (thank goodness I live a block down from the store). :P

Got some more hermit crabs, and fed the fish for the first time yesterday. About half a cube of this frozen Hikari food...I don't remember its exact name. I think that was too much, most of it ended up in the filter. They are tiny little guys.

QUESTION: How often should you feed your fish? LFS guy said once every other day. I would appreciate your advice on this matter, however.

THANK YOU FOR BEING PATIENT!

In a new tank like yours, you should feed your fish once a day. As your tank matures and you get more living things in the sand and rock, you can cut back on feeding because the fish will find plenty to eat on their own. A new tank doesn't have all that natural food growing in it.

I feed my tank about twice a week, and I know Yote feeds his something crazy like once every three or four months!!

You got some healthy clowns there Laura.
What your seeing is them establishing dominance.Perfectly normal.
+1 Biff on the feeding to.AND,my fish got their first taste of frozen mysis since October :shock: just a few minutes ago :D

Back