let me know what everyone thinks !!!

RAYRAY

Tiny Tank Club A+ Member
just posted photos of the final stage of all my base rock. please give me any feed back (good or bad). Everyone has been great (reeffreak all your help and ideas are awesome!!!) same with you rigo, oh by the way one of your photos with the yellow tang makes a great desktop photo, hope ya dont mind! thanks again!!!
may8th2007009.JPG

may8th2007002.JPG

may8th2007008.JPG

:beerchug:

Thanks RAYRAY,
Looking good....
Get one or more live rock that has decent coralline coverage and your be good to go.Have you decided on how high you like to go with the rocks?

(Just a thought)I think your tank has 5 sides,have you thought about a background(black/blue) on two of the sides.I think it would give it a nice focal point.

good luck.....and more pics.

thanks Ray..i really apreciate that!!..man yor tank is in track to became a killer....i agree with freak about a background..blue has my vote..

Thanks Guys,
Actually My Tank Has Six Sides....... Sorta Like This <=>
So I Might Try To Just Cover The Very Back Panel So That Nothing Is Seen Behind The Tank Or Ever All 3 Of The Back Panel Since The Tank Is In A Corner. I Was Thinking A Dark Royal Blue Maybe. ALSO ITS KIND OF HARD TO SEE BUT THE BASE ROCK IS ALMOST HALF WAY UP SO I THINK THAT LIKE YOTE AND REEF SAID, I'LL ASDD SOME FIGI ROCK WITH GOOD CORALINE ON IT TO SEED THE REST OF MY ROCK.
Has Anyone Had Ghost Shrimp In There Tank ?????? Or Are They Just Fish Food???

Last edited:
I think ghost shrimp are from freshwater.You'd be better off with fire shrimp,pepperments,or cleaner shrimp any way.
Im personaly planning on adding 5 cleaner shrimp to my 55,as soon as the LFS gets some in.

These Were Saltwater Ghost Shrimp, At Least That Is What The Store Was Saying?? I Think Im Just Going To Start Slow Maybe A Pair Of Clowns And A Cleaning Crew. Can I Start Adding Element To The Tank To Help Coraline Algea ?? I Think I Was Reading That You Can??? Yote I Will Have To Send You A Photo Of My First Deer That I Harvested Last Year, A Nice 8 Pointer.

RAYRAY said:
These Were Saltwater Ghost Shrimp, At Least That Is What The Store Was Saying?? I Think Im Just Going To Start Slow Maybe A Pair Of Clowns And A Cleaning Crew. Can I Start Adding Element To The Tank To Help Coraline Algea ?? I Think I Was Reading That You Can??? Yote I Will Have To Send You A Photo Of My First Deer That I Harvested Last Year, A Nice 8 Pointer.

If you don't already get a calcium test kit.Keep the calcium in the proper range(380-450ppm)and coralline will come.Those additives like Purple Up is okay as long as you don't overshoot your calcium levels but IMO they don't do anything that proper maintenance(water changes)already takes care of.

I agree with Reef,Just keep your calcium and alkalinity where its supposed to be,and do your water changes.I tryed purple up in my 30.My coraline never did spread untill I STOPPED dosing purple up.

Thanks Ray,he's actually a 10.His main beams split into crab claws on the tips.Harvested him with my bow last year,my first Pope and Young.

Thats Awesome Yote, I Was Saying That I Harvested My First 8 Pointer Last Year . Pope And Young Huh !!! You're The Man !!

Some time my old eyes decive me Ray,lol.
Congratulations on your 8,Send me pic of em.I always like to see a hunters good fortune.

Back