Lifereef Filter Systems

Discussion in 'Vendor Evaluations' started by Cathic, May 6, 2014.

1. Cathic

Cathic Fish Wrangler

when I moved and reset my tank into 2 smaller ones, I needed some overflows to work my sump system. I scoured through all the standard ones you see on places like Marinedepot and BRS. Then, right before purchasing I found a thread on ReefCentral with only 6 posts and only one vendor mentioned - LifeReef Filters. @ $119.00 per overflow (plus some additional costs) I was skeptic to order two of these units before trying one. I did however, and the product and result are amazing.

I've tried to make this thing fail and flood and it just wont. The continuous siphon never breaks, the unit is easy to disassemble and clean. The service at lifereef is exceptional, the owner requires you to speak with him before purchase to ensure you get exactly what you are looking for. I recommend him for any overflow or sump need.

http://www.lifereef.com/ Dont let the website fool you, this guy means business, and takes his products seriously.

Cathic, May 6, 2014
    kbuser92 and Aquarian like this.
    1. Advertisements

2. Cathic

Aquarian

Good to know thanks:thumbsup:

Aquarian, May 6, 2014
    1. Advertisements

3. Cathic

ReeferRob

I had his stuff in the shop, top notch and I don't say that about many companys!

ReeferRob, May 7, 2014
  4. Cathic

d2mini VIP Member

I have his skimmer. Beats every other skimmer I've ever had, hands down. Including the uber expensive Vertex Alpha 250! No question.

His calcium reactor on the other hand is leaving me a bit lukewarm at best.
    I think it's just over rated for the system i have. Having trouble keeping up.

d2mini, May 9, 2014
  5. Cathic

Northstar24 The Tang Herder

I run his sump on my 180 - I have been mostly happy with it

Northstar24, May 11, 2014
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question