Lighting unit comparison

HeavyHittah

LivingReefs is like home
so im pretty dead set on the fact that ill be building my next tank. i will be modeling it after this design...Plywood, fiberglass and 800 gallons of water. - MonsterFishKeepers.com (i hope yall will be able to see his pictures). but my overall dimensions will be 8 feet x 4 feet x 30 (36in undecided). there will be no rock wall. it will have a foam/rock background though with a cave in the corner. the rocks will be epoxied together for a more open design with a channel in the middle....still working some other things out.

but this has nothing to do with anything...my bad.

im pretty sure im still going to run my 75g and all i want to know is how do the tek 6 bulb x 54w fixture compare with the nova extreme pro's?

You are talking about the original Tek and not the Tek Elites,right?

The Tek has true individual reflectors so that makes it better.Not so fast,the Nova's have fans so the bulbs run cooler and more efficiently.The cooler the bulb the longer bulb life and more PAR.I say,if you replace the bulbs on the Nova,they even out.

Get the ATI Sunpower 6x54. The old teks do not have the fans. The new elites have only been out a short time and are having problems showing up. When I bought my fixture a few months ago I was looking at the Tek elites but didn't want to go with something that wasn't tested. The Sunpower has been tested and you know you're going to get a qaulity light.

For the price of the elite, spend just a few more bucks and get the Sunpower.

Back