Live Rock and Coraline Algae

just drop in a bit of krill to feed it, right in the center. good luck with your tank. BTW 13.99 a lb for live rock is robbery. I pay 4.99 at my LFS. You can find better deals online

-Doc

$4.99?!?!
Are you serious? I was wondering how everyone seemed able to add so much rock without batting an eye.
I am in Canada and can't seem to find much online that ships here.
Lower quality rock at "pets unlimited" pet store is $9.99 a lb...

Thanks Michelle,

Whenever you do decide to change over the substrate to aragonite sand,it will save you some headaches down the road.

Tube anemones need aragonite sand over the substrate you have. They are not just filter feeders, they will happily eat chunks of meat, and need to be fed frequently since they are non-photosynthetic. And they WILL catch and eat fish. My LFS has had two tube anemones for six months now, and can't sell them because no one wants to put them in their tanks.

$4.99?!?!
Are you serious? I was wondering how everyone seemed able to add so much rock without batting an eye.
I am in Canada and can't seem to find much online that ships here.
Lower quality rock at "pets unlimited" pet store is $9.99 a lb...

Tax time:mrgreen:
When I got my live rock,I waited untill tax time to buy it.But I also added a bunch of the cheap base rock.It was like $2.00 a pound.

sucks to be all of you. 4.99 for tonga, 5.99 for fiji. then again, since we are SO close to the ocean, we just get stuff cheaper than other people...:mrgreen:

Seems like you just have to make the best of a bad deal there. Maybe I can work out something for you and only charge you 8.99 plus shipping to Canada!!!

-Doc

hmmm, so should I start up a small middle-man business for cheaper live rock for all of you who can't get it as cheap as me? Any takers? :bounce:

-Doc

I bought my live rock bulk from an online dealer, I bought the "premium" so I paid more for that style of rock, but for 60 pounds I only paid $200, so that's not bad, like $3.33 a lb or so

Back