Live Rock - How to purchase?

There's no point in spending money on live rock only to give it a freshwater dip. That will kill the good stuff as well as the bad stuff, including the beneficial bacteria. Might as well save your money and buy dry rock if you go that route.

That sucks cuz I pulled out like half my live rock and poured RO/DI into them chasing crabs a while back and then added fish not long after.

I didn't have any issues and water was fine so I hope I didn't almost ruin the cycle I had.

Although I would say in my opinion the TBS live rock even if washed off and recycled just looks fab with all the bumps and volcanoes and such.

im not too keen on the idea of picking up from the airport, but ill get over it. do you think that about 80 pounds of live and then 80 pounds of dry rock will suffice for tje setup? also - about how much does TBS live rock cost?

im not too keen on the idea of picking up from the airport, but ill get over it. do you think that about 80 pounds of live and then 80 pounds of dry rock will suffice for tje setup? also - about how much does TBS live rock cost?

Go to their website and it will give you all the info you need. He also sells dry rock as well. You can get it all at the same time and save money from paying 2 shipping fees

If you want to get the unwanted critters off I recommend using a cold saltwater dip it wont kill your good bacteria and will make all the creatures jump out of the rocks so you can pick what you want to keep.

Back