Live rock Question

If you have the die off during cycling and you should not add LR after you cycle how do "Hitchhikers" end up in the tank?

If you have the die off during cycling and you should not add LR after you cycle how do "Hitchhikers" end up in the tank?

A lot of the hitch hikers survive the cycle by retreating inside the rock.There,the bacteria helps protect em.JMO.
You can add live rock after the cycle.You just have to make sure that its cured.

Yote is right on (again). Hell, he rivals Biff's intellect! He just looks better in camo!

-Doc

Wow Yote LOL I never figured a live rock thread would turn to grown men getting in touch with innerfeelings. LOL

I noticed you were from Ringgold I surveyed the welcome center near there a few years back prior to my joining the Navy. I was born in East Point and Sent alot of my years in Cartersville.

Any way glad to know you arent into to swappin fishies...

My wife checked the tank tonight since I was on duty, Seems as thouhg the Ammonia is almost gone, the nitrites are low and the nitrates are through the roof so I think I will wait a day or two for the ammonia and the nitrite to drop somemore then a water change and see how that goes I might be able to put a littl elife init before I leave after all. Guess we will see.

You'd be surprised at some of the twists and turns a thread can take on this site.:mrgreen:
I live about 5 miles from the welcome center,drive by it every day.
Dont do anything with your tank untill nitrites are back at zero.That usually only takes a day or 2 after the ammonia falls off.
Hopefully with a little luck,you'll have a cycled tank before you deploy.

I take full responsibility. I, personally, find the cold, unfriendly, "strictly business" talk forums B-O-R-I-N-G and impersonal.

I take full responsibility. I, personally, find the cold, unfriendly, "strictly business" talk forums B-O-R-I-N-G and impersonal.

baby, I ain't complaining! I think the "real feel" of humanity of this forum is what keeps people coming to visit. Mix that with the intelligence of the key players and you have a recipe for a rocking fish site.

-Doc

baby, I ain't complaining! I think the "real feel" of humanity of this forum is what keeps people coming to visit. Mix that with the intelligence of the key players and you have a recipe for a rocking fish site.

-Doc

I agree with that.

The Council of Knowledge (Biff, Jhnrb, Doc, Reef, Fatman, etc) The people that give use the useful answers on a consistent basis.

The Council of Knowledge (Biff, Jhnrb, Doc, Reef, Fatman, etc) The people that give use the useful answers on a consistent basis.

I am honored to be placed in the "council of knowledge". Those were the people I thought of as well. Lionfish adds good stuff too. Lots of people do. I like that the long term people are so committed to the hobby. I am glad you feel that way Ryan. That is what makes this fun. For me, I only respond to posts I actually know something about. If I don't have experience, I will not add things. I like that people have diverse knowledge here. I have my area of knowledge, Reef has greater area, Biff, fatman and Jhnrb have TONS more than the rest of us, but we all can add to the complete picture of marine knowledge. Kinda cool, eh?

-Doc

Back