Lost coral

RIJohn

Reefing newb
So my little orange green mouth mushroom has disappeared? He was glue to a piece of dry rock using coral glue. Woke up this morning and his gone?

If a mushroom is unhappy with it's placement it can detach itself and float to a place where it's happier ... I'm sure it's somewhere in there

Sometimes glue doesn't hold very well on shroom feet. Could have just got knocked off overnight and got blown around somewhere. No big deal, it'll show up again someday on its own probably, if it doesn't like its new spot. Otherwise, you could pull your rockwork apart to look for it, but why bother for a mushroom (IMHO)?

Sometimes glue doesn't hold very well on shroom feet. Could have just got knocked off overnight and got blown around somewhere. No big deal, it'll show up again someday on its own probably, if it doesn't like its new spot. Otherwise, you could pull your rockwork apart to look for it, but why bother for a mushroom (IMHO)?

They are nice looking but that nice

If you used crazy glue they will pop off that stuff, it burns them so they leave town....Use a small rubber band or a stitch next time. They don't always like glue.

Chances are if he shows back up again it won't even be him. He'll have split and your looking at one of the clones. They can clone rather quickly, I bet you find a small one in the next month.

Yeah you'll start finding them in weird places when you look through the back of the tank and stuff. Before you know it, they'll be taking over!

Back