Low KH and PH

Djturna4thakidz

Reefing newb
I have been doing a little research on methods of maintaining great water parameters. I would like to get into some of the LPS and easier SPS corals but I need to stabilize my water parameters before providing an optimal environment. My parameters are as such: PH 7.9, KH 107.4 ppm (6 dKH), Phosphate O, Nitrate 0, Calcium 440 ppm. My PH and KH are always low, how can I raise these parameters? I have heard about kalkwasser, two part or dosing marine buffers. I am still a beginner, what is the best way to ensure that the water parameters stay consistent and at a level necessary for some of the harder corals?

You shouldn't have to add any supplements, especially if you don't have many corals right now...how often are you doing water changes, because wc's should replenish those low levels. Unless it's the brand of salt mix you're using that has low levels to begin with.

+1 Smitty. without many corals your levels should be able to be kept up with water changes... If you are having problems keeping the levels up now you are going to have a real hard time with the LPS and SPS later..kalkwasser is an extremely good product that does exactly as you are reading but without many stony's you shouldn't need it ..

Ok! I do weekly 15-20% water changes, but I use the cheap coralife salt. I am going to switch over to the tropic Marin pro reef and see if my levels stabilize. Thanks for the advise!

Back