ltkenbo's 55 Gallon Reef Tank

Great video. Great tank. I hope your diatom problem goes away soon.

I've got a suggestion for your next video: Use a Tripod...You're making me dizzy.:^: I feel like I just got off a rollercoaster.:mrgreen:

Great Vid.

So I just did a 3 day blackout to try to get rid of one what I originally tfinally found hought to be diatoms but finally found to be dinoflagalates (https://www.livingreefs.com/getting-rid-brown-diatom-algae-t24127p7.html). Lights back on today, hammer coral looks likes it's doing awesome. Algae is all gone, so hopefully it stays that way. I also made a LED moonlight fixture for my tank. Here's the pics of everything:

DSC06634.jpg

DSC06628.jpg

DSC06632.jpg

DSC06612.jpg

DSC06614.jpg

DSC06615.jpg

DSC06622.jpg

and here's those zoanthids I got recently:
DSC06633.jpg

Still trying to figure out where to put them.

Your tank does look much better. I think I have the same hammer as you -- it also has those unique mottled tips. Where did you get the stuff for your moonlights? I want some for my tank but was just going to buy them.

Yeah I think it almost looks like it was painted lol, it's cool looking. You have any good pictures of yours? Yeah my friend had a bunch of 5mm LEDs that he got off the internet (I'm an electrical engineering student and so is my friend), then I got a project enclosure from radioshack, drilled all the holes for the LEDs, glued them in, then wired the LEDs with an appropriate value resistor soldered it all and hooked it up to a cell phone power supply I had lying around.

Back