Mandarin Dragonette eating Blood worms

sen5241b

Reef enthusiast
My Mandarin Dragonette is consistently eating Blood worms. (They're not gobies). At first, I played with the flow switch to make the worms wiggle but now the fish eats them after they fall on the sand.

hmmm great job with training him to eat something other than live however you should also try getting him to eat enhanced brine shrimp or even mysis shrimp as he will become malnourished on blood worms alone.... also boosting pods never hurts ;)
i have zappa [my mandarin] on enhanced brine and mysis and he loves it now! wolfs it down as many times as i feed him through out the day which ive found helps to beef him up on non live food... theyre digestive tract is made to continuously process food through out the day. i also have pod cultures for him to snack on between feedings.. this is all simply IMO and i dont mean to sound preachy. :)
great job starting his diet training though! good luck!

Blood worms are great for getting a lot of fish to eating frozen.
Even copperband butterflies will go after blood worms when they wont touch anything else.

That's weird. None of my fish will eat bloodworms. None of them. I use bloodworms to target feed my corals because if I give them to the fish, they go to waste.

All I know is that I bought a huge box of them, and my fish hated them, so now my corals are stuck eating bloodworms for the next 6 months!! :lol:

Back