mantis questions

dannyboy

PLUHH
Hi, I think I wanna add a mantis to my fuge. I read they can crack the glass so I was gonna lay a piece of plexi to cover the bottom so when he burrows and hits bottom won't punch the glass, should I also line a few inches higher then the highest climbing point in there or should just the bottom be ok? Any suggestions on a species to get, see some get huge. The fuge is about 30 gallons, 6 inch sand bed average, dozen pieces racquetball sized live rock. Thanks for any input

Sump is built into custom stand, great site btw. I calculate my fuge is 25 gallons. Tryin to show pick but havin probs :/

Upload your phototo photobucket.com, copy and paste the

HA, ok, there is my sump and fuge, the fuge is 17x 18 x 18 deep, not a 20 gallon long but that"s wha i got, can this work, and I realize now he can't punch through this thick glass, made from a 75 gallon tank

i think a smaller mantis would be fine in there such as a n wennerae or anouther one that maxs out around 4 inch but i dont think id get a peacock, that might be a bit small space for a larger smasher

Back