Mantis tank build

Well i should have water in it with in a week or two so i thought i'd start the thread and just update it later. Not sure which kind of mantis i'll get yet. I got everything for hardware cept the lights. They will be bought next friday, along with substrate, water and some LR. I should have it up by 12/13/10 minus the mantis.

Mag Float

IMG_1668.jpg

Filter

IMG_1669.jpg

Plexiglass for the bottom of the tank and temp gauge.

IMG_1670.jpg

Powerhead

IMG_1671.jpg

Unbreakable heater

IMG_1728.jpg

Tank and stand

IMG_1672.jpg

Everything

IMG_1730.jpg

Wow, that's going to look great!

HOPEFULLY!!!!

This is exactly what I want to make! I really want to see how it goes for you.

It hasnt costed to much but i didnt buy it all at once either. I'm gettin close to the end and im starting to get really excited. Friday i will order my lights off ebay. Go to the LFS and get some substrate and water. I'll prolly add the sustrate and water the next day. and hopefully on monday have lights on it! Then the biggest task will be to find a dang mantis!

HOPEFULLY!!!!

It hasnt costed to much but i didnt buy it all at once either. I'm gettin close to the end and im starting to get really excited. Friday i will order my lights off ebay. Go to the LFS and get some substrate and water. I'll prolly add the sustrate and water the next day. and hopefully on monday have lights on it! Then the biggest task will be to find a dang mantis!
My LFS has a peacock!!! I was super surprised to see it!!!
I may go ahead and get him. Put him in the 10 and do my new 29 as my reef tank

make sure u do research on them. I've been reading on them for the past 3 months

I have. I was going to do a 2.5 but then I thought well you've got the 29 now, give the mantis the 10. Nothing in there but snails and limpets as far as livestock goes

I have snails and hermits in the tank with my mantis and it hasn't touched any of them since he's been in there.

Dana, I say get a Peacock Mantis. After you get him I want video of your first attempt to hand feed the sweet litle guy

Not sure, it was just something my LFS had in his pest tank, it's red and white/clear colored.

Here Brian use this guys smarts. He knows all about Stomatopods. I'm sure you will be able to I.D him from that list.

Roy's List of Stomatopods for the Aquarium

Dana, I say get a Peacock Mantis. After you get him I want video of your first attempt to hand feed the sweet litle guy

LMAO...not happening...he will eat live food till i cant afford it.

Haha yea i've watched em all. Gotta say that he got what he deserved. Mess with the bull u get the horns. He's lucky his finder didnt get split open. I wouldnt do that with a 2in mantis. I like pain but not that much.

Back