Mantis tank build

Just a FYI if anyone was wondering. Goodluck with your light search Karen!

20 gallon tank = 20 petco sale
Marineland heater = 27 petco sale
Mag float = 7.99 petco sale
Hydor Koralia 240gph = 26.00 ebay
Digital temp = .99 ebay
Plexi glass 12 x 24 = 12.99 home depot (had it cut to size by a friend)
Stand = 50 petco
background = 4 petco
Lights = 66.00 ebay
biowheel = 23 petco

Very cheap IMO...

The only other thing i really wanna buy for hardware is a moonlight strip. Other than that, its time to add substrate, water, and live rock.......then the mantis =p

Well i got my lights yesturday. I love them. Can't wait to see the tank with the water and other stuff in it. I havent decided if im going to rush to milwaukee tomorrow before work to get water for the tank or to just wait till after xmas...idk...we'll see i suppose.

One other thing. Does anyone know where i can buy some real nice led moonlights? Pretty sure i wont need more than 3 or 4 in a strip.

A pic or two with the new lights =)

IMG_2097-1.jpg

IMG_2096.jpg

Well i was going to take a pic of my substrate and i picked up the bag and it was wet.....great...it seems like it has a tiny tiny hole and is barley leaking....but still leaking non the less....looks like im going to get water before work lol...well pics tomorrow with water =0)

Its running woooooohoooooo. I took a 2lb piece of LR out my reef tank and placed it in there. Ill take some pix when i get home tonight. It should be cleared up by then.

Um I put the substrate in and added water and took s pic? It will be unclouded by tomorrow.well tonight really but I'm working till 5 am pullin a double shift grrrr

a62f8d28.jpg

I get paid today so i'll be going to the LFS on Sunday before work to pick up a few nice pieces of LR. I also believe my only xmas present will be a gift card for liveaquaria.com. So i'll be ordering something nice from them too. =)

Lol Sarah. I call him Brutis or "El guapo" lol...He's already running around the LR to get to know his tunnels. I must say i did a good job on the rock work. Heres a FTS....He is 4-5 inches i'd say. I guess he doesnt mind the damsel...lets see what happens at night tho hahaha

6be85efa.jpg

bf9c7264.jpg

4-5 inches? holy crap!
Is that a Peacock Mantis?

My ugly brownish red mantis' from the gulf are always much smaller at around 2-2.5 inches.

Back