Mantis tank build

Love those shells Dana!! Great job!!

Thanks Barry. In 9 days it will mark 6 months of having him. 1 molt....on 3rd fish...im happy with how everything is going with this tank. Except trying to keep it clean. Its a PITA. Thinking about upgrading my powerheads to the next bigger size. Or just upgrading one powerhead up 2 sizes. Not sure theres alot of flow once the powerheads get dirty. The back of the tank is nearly FULL of coraline.:bounce:

Updating pix later tonight.:Cheers:

The shell "home" looks awsome. Do you have it in the tank yet or are you still building onto it?

I'm still adding to it as he kills hermits...not to sure what I want to do with it yet. Thinking of making a rectangle the length of the mantis so he can chill in it.... Really still up in the air with the whole idea lol. Ima have to rearrange everything when it has to go in and I'm sure he won't be to happy about that....

So, ive done a little bit of changing. My mantis has two spots on his back. Could be shell rot. Ive changed lights and made his burrow a little more closed off. Plus ive been battleing red slime so im tryin to find the best flow with the rock i have n what not. Ive also cut the light back 1 hour. Added some frags from the reef. Put the hammer back in the reef as i made a better spot for it. The camera doesnt pick up the new color to well. Its insane how purple/pink it is. The greens n yellows are glowing crazy. idk what i was thinking running stock bulbs this long. Hopefully these new ATI bulbs will give me some more PAR/PUR and ill get some better growth on all my softies.

Last full tank shot with old bulbs.

mantis1-1.jpg

Heres the "newer" scape and lights.

mantis2-1.jpg

Closer examination.

zoamantis.jpg

zoamantis2.jpg

A lil more insight to why i think he will molt again soon is his "bashers" are getting jacked from hitting things...Jus gunna hope for the best.

Enjoy

brutis3.jpg

I hope he pulls through!

And those new bulbs look amazing. I cant wait to get back and order my new one. Reefgeek is the guy you recommend?

Yes ma'am. You can ask for George, thats who i delt with. If you tell him what you have in your tank or the "look" you want he will recommend the best bulb combo.

This tank now has one blue plus and one purple plus.

If you were wondering my reef has one aquablue special (12k), one purple plus, and 2 blue plus.....to achieve the mantis tank look i woulda got 2 purples 2 blues....more of a 20k look. More PAR with the aquablue special tho and i like the crisp white it gives on the reef.

Thanks for looking!:Cheers:

All those zoas come from MCF? I love them. I only have one "style". Hope I can find some room for some in the near future. That tanks looks awsome, and has come a long way. Also, +1 on reefgeeks and George so far my experience with them is A+

All those zoas come from MCF? I love them. I only have one "style". Hope I can find some room for some in the near future. That tanks looks awsome, and has come a long way. Also, +1 on reefgeeks and George so far my experience with them is A+

No, some came from coral corner when it was still in biz....the pinks came from reefs2go, they were supposed to be candy apple reds (WTF EVER!) The tank has a long way to go but with the new bulbs it should help growth.

Those new bulbs make your tank look even more awesome!
F-in A :Cheers:

I love your tank man. I just got new lights today for mine. I think I have the same light setup you do so I may have to steal your color combo. I have 3-4 stores looking for a mantis for me now.

Back