Mantis tank build

,Glad to see he's doing good for you Dana

Thanks Matt, good to see you around again.

Dana I didnt mean to hurt your feelings :( :( :(

Its all good. Everyone is entitled to an opinion. I think they are the most amazing animals on the earth, others see them as pests. The ppl that purposly kill them is what gets under my skin.....like "oh i got a mantis hitch hiker and it killed my fish so ima kill it".....dumb asses shoulda checked your rocks first before putting it into your tank and you still would have your fish....:mrgreen:

Its all good. Everyone is entitled to an opinion. I think they are the most amazing animals on the earth, others see them as pests. The ppl that purposly kill them is what gets under my skin.....like "oh i got a mantis hitch hiker and it killed my fish so ima kill it".....dumb asses shoulda checked your rocks first before putting it into your tank and you still would have your fish....:mrgreen:
The only reason why I couldnt have one is the same reason why I cant have an angler fish, I simply dont have it in me to feed ANYTHING living to a pet. Thats why I cant have snakes or lizards....well no lizards because I have a phobia of crickets but you get my point.

The only reason why I couldnt have one is the same reason why I cant have an angler fish, I simply dont have it in me to feed ANYTHING living to a pet. Thats why I cant have snakes or lizards....well no lizards because I have a phobia of crickets but you get my point.

85% of the time now i feed him frozen krill. Then he snacks on whatever else is in the tank....make your husband feed him live somethin once a month :mrgreen:.... He might enjoy it,, you never know. and really you dont even need to do that. One would be fine with frozen food and snacking on hermits and snails on occasion.:Cheers:

Well after a LONG molt. Hes BACK to eating woot.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7lYtZzvVvs]‪DSC 0842‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

I love the idea of a mantis tank and had one for over a year. I just couldn't follow the usual advice of trapping and killing them and that's how mine got started. :)

I hate ppl that tell others to kill a hitch hiking mantis. All of them deserve a good slap in the face. I've debated on breaking down my reef and only keeping my mantis and maybe getting a slasher for the other tank.

I added some more and thinking of just throwing it in. A good soak in RO water and should be good...

a1207e81.jpg

I thought you had made that a few months ago, or is this a new one?

Same one, i added some sides to it and put some more up front to cover the base. He already came out to investigate. Looked like he tried to grab a shell. He always gets skittish with the cam around but i did get some crappy footage and pic. Maybe when im done messing with the tanks ill do a lil clip of the rock work and what not.

Cool, now you need to make an incline that rolls snail shells through the cave lol.

I'm not sure if it'll work for you but, I leave my camera sitting next to my tank all the time now so the fish will get used to seeing it around.

Back