Massive problem!

Ok scratch that, I just figured out that I had about 50 volts of stray voltage, and lucky me, the culprit was the very first thing I unplugged, MY SECOND HEATER THAT KEEPS MY TEMPURATURE STABLE!!!! :frustrat:

Ok scratch that, I just figured out that I had about 50 volts of stray voltage, and lucky me, the culprit was the very first thing I unplugged, MY SECOND HEATER THAT KEEPS MY TEMPURATURE STABLE!!!! :frustrat:

I'm glad you caught that! Whenever there are "mystery deaths" it seems like stray voltage is a common culprit. Heaters go bad pretty frequently -- I think they are the #1 culprit of stray voltage in our aquariums.

When you take it out, does the voltage go down to zero? If so, you are good. Replace the heater. Also, you should look into getting a grounding probe for your tank. They cost less than $10 and you can get them online.

Yeah, I replaced the heater, and I just went to my lfs, and my test kit is accurate. sadly, his test kit instantly went off the charts with no hesitation. He gave me some ammonia reducer, and a grounding probe for free too. First time i have been in there and they guy is great.

Hopefully I can just keep my fish and gsps alive till the ammonia is gone.

Back