metal halides?

click go advanced at the bottom of the page, then when that loads click the paperclip. there are some limitations on what size files and pics you can upload, but just read what comes up in the window after you click the paperclip...

Try to get a clear shot of the ballast(it is the big block looking thing). It might have a wiring schematic on it or some other labels and things. It also just downed on me that it might be set up for a 277/480v system not a 120/208v system you have in your house. There might be several different taps on the primary side of the ballast that need to be changed to make it work properly. I didnt notice any voltage in the description so it is dificult to give any more advise.
PM me if you need some more help
Brian

i had it running last night but i accidentally disconnected one of the wires when i was trying to hang it. it is the LAMP wire.

alright it doesnt look like im gonna have this thing running for a while so here is some pics so you can start dumpster divin (bulb 10"long! and reflector, the balast and starter built in, and the whole thing put together. dont make fun of my pics im easy sharin!

Attachments

• 000_0355.jpg
    000_0355.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 205
  • 000_0352.jpg
    000_0352.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 221
  • 000_0356.jpg
    000_0356.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 201
alright finally after some arguing (pardon my language but the guy that sold me this is a FAG!) but anywho i got it working and here it is with the original bulb it is really yellow but i think that is actually just because of my sand and obviously the bulb. (i used play sand cause its cheap) but heres some pics my tank the light and my new anemone enjoying indoor sunlight! i tried to catch a pic of my new clown but once again it is just an easy share!

Attachments

• Picture 001.jpg
    Picture 001.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 215
  • Picture 002.jpg
    Picture 002.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 221
  • Picture 003.jpg
    Picture 003.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 197
Looks good, If you get another one next to that, it will give you more even lighting. Now you just gotta get more rock and an actual reef bulb!!

Brian

I'm afraid to say that your anemone is very close to death. A 2 month old tank is way too young to keep an anemone, and if it's not camera trickery, it appears to be very white. A white anemone is bleached and is not long for this world.

thanks for the concern Biffy but once again it is an kodak easy share and does not take pictures of light too well. but yeah i have heard they need a more mature tank and was planning on taking him back to the LFS because i just wanted to aclimate my clown with it. (i heard they do better but my clown does not seem to care) but anyway i got it from a cheap store that had it under 1t-5 bulb with no reflector. I have not seen any problems with it the tips are actually still bright pink/purple color it is most likely camera trickery though. what color are they supposed to be? cause its only been in my tank two days and picked the whitest one in the tank because it looked the purtiest.

I've got to agree with Biff.Whats happened,is they've sold you an anemone thats on its death bed.
A healthy condy will have a lot more color to it.Not just at the tips.

alright finally after some arguing (pardon my language but the guy that sold me this is a FAG!) but anywho!

Maybe the guy at the local fish store was a FAG too! That's why he sold you a sick nem. It's a conspiracy! :mrgreen: :bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

ok, everyone is talking MH lighting, i've used halides in the past for other reasons and am very interested in how you cool the area....ive always used a cool tube with 500 cfm fan and duct to remove the heat from the area...but when you are dealing with a fish tank you also are trying to make the area above it look kinda nice, MH, especially 250 and above put out some serious heat, so what do you do for cooling?

Since I had to build a shelf above the tank for my lights,I mounted a clip on fan to the shelf to remove the heat.

clip on fans the blow over the water can and will cool the tank by 10 degrees or more. without fans my tank will hit 90 with a room temp of 70 with t5's, and with two fans my tank stays at 79.4 all day long and drops to about 77.9--78.5 at night

Any MH setups that you buy will already have fans built in. In addition to those, like Daugherty said, a couple fans blowing across the surface of the water usually takes care of it.

thanks for the answers...i would imagine the evaporation rate would definitely increase...does that cause greater risks of stress due to higher salinity swings?

I think it would cause greater stress for keeping up with toping off!!!!

I think alot of people here use automatic top offs. I dont since I only need to top off a gallon every few days

Brian

my tank is hooled to the ro unit so as soon as the float drops it gets filled back up with water before i did that i had to topoff my tank twice a day which was 5gallons or more depending on the temo in my house. but the house plants do very well.

Back