MitchReef's Reef...well the current one at least....

Glad it's moving along nicely! I think, you should take a moment, and take some pics of your 29g holding tank, so we can see some of the livestock going in this bad boy :mrgreen:

The 29 is a victim of severe neglect....it is sooooo green you would want to cry....but that's okay, I'm going to get rid of all the bubble algae and peroxide them all before they go in the display....I ought to have stuff in the display this week and I will post up then....

Just a quick shot of the 29, from where I'm sitting....

How's that for nasty???? It has green hair growing 6" long on one MJ Mod pump...

Better make sure you get rid of all of it before you transfer, otherwise it won't be so pristine :mrgreen:.

On a different note, I just bought a green bubble tip nem for 80$, it's like 11-12" in diameter. Was that a good price for it? (I'm not kidding, this thing is friggin HUGE)

The greens are not as popular as the reds and the insane colored ones but that's a great price for one that big. What tank are you putting it in?

I did my first water change this evening and gotta say it went very well. The toughest part of the job was either turning the ATO and Return Pump off or rolling the drain hose back up after I was done....I gotta do final chemistry but I adjusted the two part dosing system up a bit on both channels....It will eventually be dialed in, then it's all cool from there....

It's in the 29g Biocube right now, seeing how it does. If it starts to show signs of being distressed I'll move it into the 55. Trying to get my clowns to start breeding, I got a snowflake and b/w clown in the 55, and two I don't even know what they are called in the biocube (They are orange, with weird designs on their one side). Then 2 B/W in the 26g Bow. 2 Maroon in the 60g Hex. And 2 Percula (My first fish) in a 2.5g holding tank until I can find a new Biocube :)

PARAMETERS 6/26/13 @ 1830

Temp 80.1
SG 1.026
pH 8.0
dKH 10.5
NH3/NH4 0
NO2 0
NO3 0
PO4 0
Ca 440
Mg 1440

I can just barely wait til I start putting critters in the tank!!!! :bounce: :^: :Cheers:

Just gotta see about 3 days of stability before I will put any livestock in it.....

That's always been my rule, when time allows....

Today I am planning to check chemistry, and if everything looks acceptable it will be time to do a few coral dips and then in they will go!!!!

I have a bunch of work I have to do for my job and have to mow the acreage...a few things around the house and those things unfortunately take precedence, but I am aiming at it today....

How much light should I give to an original Miami Hurricanes Chalice? I'm not really sure where to put the chalices....

Pictures will follow....

Today is a big day for my system!!!!!

Today is the day that chemistry all checked out and my tank got its first stocking....I put in all of my current frags (after dips in Revive and Lugols as well as a Hydrogen Peroxide soak for the Zoas and Palys).... I caught the Clown Fish really easily....they are such hogs....first they just hung out while I moved all the frags from their tank...then I decided it was time for them and I got my big net, dropped in a pinch of Spectrum pellets and they swam right up to the net.... I put them into the new tank by hand and they didn't really even hide....

Here are some new pics....They were taken 5 minutes after they were all placed so there isn't anything open yet...

and this is how bad they hid when first introduced...

The Naked Clown was a freebie!!! A friend had her in a tank with an established pair and the female got nasty so he had to get her out....he posted free fish and I was on it....

Back